Sucky Performance1.1. Do Not Load

I loaded up SP1.1 from 0 last week and have had nothing but problems. Here a few issues to mention if anyone has wondered on wether or not to upgrade:

1.)When double-clicking on a feature to bring up driving dimensions they won't show up anymore. You have to zoom around to have them appear.

2.)Extremely long save times compared to SP0.0

3.)Noticeably chunkier performance.

4.)Settings wont stay with Document. Decimal places etc...

I uninstalled everything and reinstalled the initial 2005 again. Everything is good. Back to normal.

Reply to
Brian

A repair on your SW install should help with 2 and 3.

4) This is a known bug and i think is fixed in SP2

Regards,

Reply to
Scott

Check out the the thread on regression in 1.1? Might this be your issue?

I haven't seen that here - sorry.

Have you checked your "Chunky Slider" to see if that's the issue? You can set the slider to determine the level of "chunkiness" that gets performed. The purpose is to reduce the amount of graphics processing required to improve roating, etc. Go to Tools/Options/System Options/Performance and play with the slider for "Level of detail."

SP1.1 fixed an issue with the BOM units in a drawing not respecting the drawing unit settings - you had to go set them in the model file. That's the only thing that comes to mind - what exactly are you seeing?

I have been very pleased with SP1.1 - it fixed several of our issues.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

As much as I would have luved to have added some bashing of SW performance, what you saw was a bad install and your uninstall/reinstall solution was correct. SW2005 sp1.1 is slower but not slower than previous beta, ev or sp versions that I've used. (your wait meter/patience may vary)

Oh hell, while I'm here...

Bottom line, my consistent, subjective, long time using, non loyal, insensitive and unprofessional opinion (read that as a non kiss ass), SW performance sucks!

I know, tell us what we already know.. but I feel better now.

..

Reply to
Paul Salvador

''Bottom line, my consistent, subjective, long time using, non loyal, insensitive and unprofessional opinion (read that as a non kiss ass), SW performance sucks!''

how come you can get away with saying things like that and I get a hard time for just being less 'complimentary' than some would wish?.... ;o)

Reply to
neil

just getting a bit of antagonism here and there...anyway...

I do agree that SW is becoming more pedestrian. There seems to be more and more whirring and clunking away in the background all the time, sometimes you wonder why it takes sooo long to actually action something. Although its not in the same league or purpose a Blender/Yafray install of

13 mb is an eye opener in what it manages to do in that space and quickly...even going back to SW2003 from 2005 I notice a relative crispness.

Re the UI, I have made noises before about the interface 'makeover' being a waste of time... I tend to agree the whole thing is just getting so 'user friendly' it's getting dopey but then there are times where you want to change setting and you find you have to delete the feature, why? ...there are some things like Deform I would rather see stripped out of the program altogether.

As far as 2005 goes I don't have it installed at the moment- too pi**ed off with sps - in my experiments I found the new splines (only reason I got 05) programming is just too flaky at the moment...maybe by sp3.. I hope so cos my subs run out soon.

Certainly there is an overhead in being a solo SW user that cuts into the pocket .... as you say, training/maintenance (and re-maintenance)/unwanted help and warning messages/overly frequent rebuilds/code that isn't mature/mystery errors and fix ups/keeping up with bug reports/processing time etc.etc all lessens productive time...maybe call it dark energy...unaccounted for matter taking up large amounts of the cadsters universe.

I agree the fun factor goes out of it....sort of like a car that isn't reliable...you end up dreading the next glitch every time you sit in it and start to carry a bus timetable with you....sooner or later you decide you have spent enough and wasted enough time and you look at a replacement...that's about where I am now.

Reply to
neil