suppression

Can a feature on a part in an assembly be suppressed without affecting the original part? So far when I do it, it suppresses in the original part as well. I am trying to use the same part in two different assemblies and not suppress the feature in both. Rudy

Reply to
Rudy Kube

If you want to stay in the Assy, you can RMB on the part and Edit Part. This will let you suppress features of that part.

Reply to
Ray Reynolds

"Rudy Kube" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Make two configs of the part, one with the feature suppressed and the other without it suppressed, then in the assemblies, use component properties to assign the part configs.

matt

Reply to
matt

"Ray Reynolds" wrote in news:3ttab.290030$ snipped-for-privacy@rwcrnsc52.ops.asp.att.net:

??? That will suppress the feature(s) in all the assemblies.

Reply to
Joel Moore

Thanks for the advice. I haven't had to use configs before but it sure is the way to go. It solved my problem. Didn't know what I was missing. Rudy

Reply to
Rudy Kube