SW 2004 Pre-release: How to optimize system for best performance.

OK. I just installed the SW2004 Pre-release 1, on a non-production computer, for testing.

First impression: SW added a hell of a lot of very, very usefull features. Can't wait to start using them.....

Second impression: well, it IS a first impression, but.... I was hoping for an increase in speed. However, I find that the 2004 version will be significantly slower, especially in graphics performance, then 2003.

I use a Compaq W8000 with a NVidia 550XGL. Should perform well. But even smaller assemblies do not rotate / move as smoothly as they did with previous releases.

Now I am sure that there are a lot of folks here in this group that have been tweaking their system to get acceptable performance. I would like a kind of list of do's and don't to get the most out of my system. I have seen it somewhere, but I cannot find it anymore.....

Suggestions?

TDV

Reply to
TDV

Try Matt Lombard's site:

the "Tools/Options settings" Rule of Thumb

Jerry Steiger Tripod Data Systems

Reply to
Jerry Steiger