SW MANUAL info

Can the SW manual be purchased, independently of the website?

Reply to
Dennis

It appears as if you have to at least initially have subscription service access to get to the 1000 page reference manual. Once you log into subscription services you have two choices. One is to download the PDF file (12 MB). That can be printed by you like any other PDF file. The other choice you have is to download a form that you fill out and send into Kinko's with $29.95 to get a copy printed and bound. I often get other things printed and bound at Kinko's. $29.95 is a substantially better price than you normally would get from Kinko's for printing and binding a manual of that size. Especially if it's printed in color on decent paper. I think Kinko's normally charges something outrageous like $1 or more a page if double sided in color.

Though you do need subscription service access to get the manual or the form, once you are there I see nothing that states that you have to be a subscription service customer to have the manual. The form that you get to have Kinko's print it makes no mention of serial numbers, subscription services or anything like that. I could be missing something but so far I see nothing that would stop a subscription service customer from giving the PDF file or the Kinko's form to anyone they wants it.

Reply to
Dave

The copies that were availalbe at SW World in Boston, were printed in B&W, not color

I would assume that the Kinko's deal is for the same. They aren't going to do a color one for 30 bucks for 1000 pages. If they are, then I am there....

Reply to
Mr. Pickles

I like your logic progression and if this holds true for us who work for companies that don't have $$ for the subscription or (sometimes spelled "cheap" or penny wise pound foolish) where can I get the form ??

Gene

Reply to
G Holmes

I called and yes it is black and white.

Reply to
Rocko

Would anyone be willing to sell me the printed manual, a copy of the downloaded PDF, or the Kinko's form, or is this an unethical question?

Reply to
Pedro Smith

Well forget about having it shipped i am having my local kinkos match the price and they said no problem.

Reply to
Rocko