SW2008 - DimXpert in Assemblies

Is it just me or does the DimXpert not work in assemblies?

TOP

Reply to
TOP

You are correct, DimXpert only works on parts.

DimXpert is not a general dimensioning tool. It is specifically for annotating parts for manufacturing per the ASME Y14.41-2003 specification.

Reply to
jimsym

Jim,

And ASME Y14.41-2003 doesn't cover dimensioning weldments or assemblies? I have also had trouble dimensioning imported parts with it. I just wonder if all these limitations are stated anywhere in the documentation?

TOP

Reply to
TOP