task scheduler dxf export

Can someone confirm that when using the task scheduler to export a solidworks drawing to a dxf file that the resulting geometry is not true size, not 1:1 scale? I noticed that the user has the option to pick the dxf version and the ability to pick a dxf mapping file but not the ability to pick the option to export at 1:1 scale. This opition is available when exporting manually through solidworks and I assumed that since this option was not available that the option setting inside solidworks would be used but that does not seem to be working that way. Also, I have asked this question before but solidworks never gives me what I think is the right answer. Why would exporting at 1:1 scale be an option anyway, you should always export at 1:1 scale so that the resulting geometry is true size. I do remember that at one time solidworks did not have the ability to export at 1:1 scale and they added this option which is certainly better than nothing but I would rather do away with the option and just have everything export at 1:1 scale.

Thanks

Sam

Reply to
TEXAN

Sam, I've found that sometimes if I don't MANUALLY choose to go through Options (when exporting) the resulting DXF isn't necessarily 1:1 scale. And I mean even though the default is 1:1 in my Options. I call it a "bug", but SolidWorks Corp probably figures it's a "feature". When using the Task Scheduler you'd have to open up Options and choose OK every time you made an export to be certain that you're getting 1:1.

How's everything over there in the big, dirty shop on the other side of the lake from us?

'Sporky'

TEXAN wrote:

Reply to
Sporkman

Yes, this happens, really discusting bug!

Reply to
Markku Lehtola