text on cylinder

Is there a way to wrap text around a cylinder? I would like to show a part no. on a shaft.

Reply to
JMV

use the wrap feature.

Reply to
Gil Alsberg

wrap does not always work for this. see Text Effects add on at

Baren-Boym Company

I bought Text Effects about 4 years back, but haven't used it in several years as it wouldn't do some things well (including crashing) back then when it was "young".

Can I upgrade this to the current version for some reasonable fee?

Bo Clawson

Baren-Boym Company wrote:

Reply to
BoC

That is what I wanted, but for $395.00 I think I'll just put a note on the Dwg.

Reply to
JMV

I looked up the "wrap" and it only showed how to wrap a sketch, not text. Any suggestion?

Reply to
JMV

Use sketch text within the sketch that you want to wrap.

Reply to
Seth Renigar

texture?

Reply to
Markku Lehtola

Text can be put into sketch..Tools-Sketch Tools-Text, then wrap it on model surface..or use texture if you don't want to extrude/cut the model.

Reply to
Markku Lehtola

Wrap the text using Flex, then create an assy. of the shaft and the "flexed" text relating the axis of both parts. I can sent you a example if needed.

Reply to
Havoc

That worked for the text going lengthwise. However, I can't seem to rotate the text (90 degrees) to wrap around the shaft.

Reply to
JMV

Flex is a new one for me. I'll give it a shot when I read up on it. Thanks.

Reply to
JMV

Tools-Sketch Tools-Modify

Reply to
Markku Lehtola

I got it now. I was in the wrong plane. Thanks for your help.

Reply to
JMV

This sounds like a hard way of doing wrap. In wrap you have the option of emboss and deboss one raises the text and one puts it in depth like a stamp.

Or I may be missing something?

Ben

Reply to
Ben Eadie