Tip of the day!!

I use weld beads in assemblies and the assemblies would always want to rebuild, even if the rebuild references setting was set to never.

To stop the rebuilds, just set the weld bead references to locked. Problem solved! HAGD

Reply to
pfarnham

This tip applies to anything that has a lot of in-context stuff in it. The down side is that you have to go back and un-lock whenever you make a change. But it does give some much needed control of the process.

TOP

Reply to
TOP

So where is this seting? I looked in 'external references' in SWx 2008 under 'system options' and didn't notice it, but I have a knack for mising stuff. Ed

Reply to
Edward T Eaton

..begging you pardon guys for invading this thread but speaking of missing stuff Mr Eaton..(seeing as how you conveniently popped up here just now...) just yesterday I went looking for a SWW08 presentation by you at DimonteGroup and it aint there.. did you not present at this last SWW? or not make it available?yet? .. thanks Neil

Reply to
neil

Yes, I presented with Phil Sluder. I spent a lot of time getting it ready so it would actually be useful if downloaded (adding notes and stuff so folks could follow along at home) Then I got distracted by knocking down and moving around some walls at home. My renovation has prevented me from having the time to get the downloadable presentation finished. I'm painting now so maybe next month, when I don't have to sleep in the dining room anymore, I can get to finishing it and posting it. I hate being so tardy because there was some really neat and useful stuff in that presentation, Ed

Reply to
Edward T Eaton

Ed,

It's a context menu pick in an assembly feature tree and it is also in the file menu in a part. It isn't a global setting. I suppose a macro could make easy work of turning them all on or off in an assembly.

TOP

Reply to
TOP

Thanks, Paul