Toolbox -- 1 inch - 12 tpi

Where did this come from? It isn't a common bolt size.

Reply to
P.

Of course it is!

It's American National Fine Thread.

Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

Is "Fine" another word for posh thread? :-)

Reply to
pete

Only if you use them in a suit.

Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

You are right. Looks like the little quick reference card isn't matching up with MH.

Reply to
P.

Muggs,

Did some more looking. It turns out this is an odd situation. Machinery's Handbook say 12tpi is the standard fine thread as does SW, but in bolt catalogs only 14tpi is available for 1 inch bolts.

Reply to
P.

Interesting. Even my old Starrett decimal equivalents and tap drill chart shows only 1-8 and 1-12. Looking at tool catalogs they have 1-8,

1-12 and 1-14 taps stocked. HHMMMMMMMMM!

Dave H

P. wrote:

Reply to
Dave H

For example:

A typical vendor catalog only stocks 1-14 for fine threads.

1-12 bolts generally aren't on the radar.
Reply to
P.

SW got me a solution. It is posted on the forum under Toolbox.

Reply to
P.