Tools Options "Summary" for SW2006

"Summary" isn't exactly the right name for this, since it's larger than what it's supposed to be summarizing. This basically goes through all the Tools Options settings and explains what they do. There are red stars for things that affect performance, and green stars for things that are new in 2006.

I've been doing this every release since 2001, and was kind of slack for

2006. A few people asked me about it, so I decided to update this for 2006. It has been expanded from 30 pages to 35 pages, mainly because it now also covers Export Options which are not found on the Tools Options dialog.

If you find a typo in here or something that is either out of date or just plain wrong, please let me know.

go to the "Rules of Thumb" link, and it's the first in the list.

Matt Lombard

Reply to
matt

Means you can "refer" to it from time to time. Doesn't make great day time reading, probably better right before bed. Precious dull reading.

I don't think anyone at SW is using it as a reference document to program against, if that's what you're wondering. Still, to your point, it's the kind of thing they should provide instead of us injuns reverse injun-eering it.

Reply to
matt

As usual, worth the review. I did see one error. Under feature manager "use transparent flyout FeatureManager" does not disable the flyout when cleared. I causes SW to display the flyout with an opaque background.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

Thanks Matt - I grabbed it to read "when I have time." You know how that goes - oh maybe some day, but at least I now have it a bit closer. :-)

WT

***
Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Thanks, Dale,

Very good eye to catch an obscure thing like that buried in the middle of some dull reading. It has been corrected and reposted to the same link.

Thanks again!

Matt

Reply to
matt

This isn't quite as action packed as your SWW summary. It might be best printed and left in the john.

matt

Reply to
matt

matt wrote: ...snip

Matt,

I noticed that it is titled:

Tools/Options Settings SW2005

Could that be a typo?

Reply to
TOP

Uh, yeah. If you re-download it, it's fixt.

Reply to
matt