TOP @ NOLA

Arrived Saturday night. Long drive from Northern Indiana. Went from don't lick metal objects cold to shirtsleeves all in one drive. Absolutely clear weather all the way which really sets off the hills in Kentucky, Tennessee and Alabama. Some really neat local music on the Meridian Mississippi station. The first Katrina damage I encountered was the I-10 bridge which has a section of temporary "Bailey Bridge" like structure with limited load and speed ratings. Glad there wasn't much truck traffic at night. Got a nice hotel cheap in near the airport and will be driving in daily.

It's off to dbWorks get together Sunday and a few other meetings.

Reply to
TOP

Good Deal. Have a fun and safe SW07! Don't forget to post back here for the ones that weren't able to go this year.

Don

Reply to
dvanzile3

push for that eye candy! ;)

kenneth

Reply to
kenneth

Wednesday was the last night for me. Mardi Gras World was interesting. We had access to the shop where many of the papier mache figures were made and stored. I wonder how many realized that there were in a place that was doing 3D modeling long before computers were invented? It was a tight fit for us to fit in the building, but the food was good and the music better.

The Woz was not what I expected. He was the right guy in the right place at the right time with the right brains. The thought occurred to me that the very computers that he and others developed have become the thing that saps the current crop of youngun's of the opportunities and will to learn that he had.

I took in a very good session on ActiveX and macros as well as Ed Eaton's Curvy Stuff 6, the tail end of Thomas Patel's rendering session and Biasotti's Boudary, Fit and Deform session.

Overall I would say this year's SWW was not as bold and brash as prior years. It was more humble and somber if that is possible. And with all that the technical sessions I was in were well done. I didn't find any that bombed.

TOP

Reply to
TOP