Triangle around a portion of text - how?

For ages now, when I want a triangle around the first number of letter of a note, I've been creating a note with no text, then making a triangle around it.

I then drag this over the text that I want the triangle around.

for example:

NOTES:

1 PRESS PART A INTO PART B

And I want a triangle around the "1". How do you do this without creating a note with nothing but spaces, adding a triangle around it, then dragging it over the "1"?

There must be a way to do this.

Reply to
james

You can add a symbol using the "Add Symbol" icon in the property manager (Has a centerline symbol on the box). Use the dropdown menu to select "Flag Tri X", X=number, and select the Triangle number that you want. This has been available for a few releases now, and I don't think that I ever saw this in any "What's New" manual. I just stumbled upon it one day while adding a different symbol.

Reply to
GTCadGuy

GTCadGuy,

You've changed my life!!!

Thank you!!!!

Reply to
james

"james" wrote in news:1143753925.608172.53540 @i39g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

-OR-

Use the text shortcut.

will give you a two with a triangle around it.

Add a P to get it with a period inside

Here's a list of many more.

- Square 1 - Square 1 - Triangle 1 - Triangle 1 - Triangle-rotated 1 - Triangle-rotated 1 - Triangle-rotated A - Triangle-rotated A - Square/Circle 1 - Square/Circle 1 - Circle 1 - Circle 1 - Square A - Square A - Triangle A - Triangle A - Square/Circle A - Square/Circle A - Circle A - Circle A

This may be faster (in some cases) than the previously mentioned method.

MHill

Reply to
MHill

I have an entire listing of all text shortcuts for SolidWorks. Email me if you would like a copy.

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff