Text

Anyone know or have a third party software for Solidworks, that will create machineable text?

I machine the text within SW all the time, just have to be careful which font you use. Maybe be more specific as to your issue?

Reply to
Brian

Does anyone know how to add a tekst in a sketch with a font that does not have a double line but a single one. The text will be used by cam to engrave it. Actually the text needs to look like what I have typed here! The cam program just follows the single line.

Reply to
Ron van Dijk

If it is not too long, draw it by lines and radii. Maybe with the help of a text feature that you will hide once done.

HIH JM

"Ron van Dijk" a écrit dans le message de news: ec1kji$huf$ snipped-for-privacy@localhost.localdomain...

Reply to
Jean Marc

An inexpensive font pack that you could pick up from officemax or similar for $10 or less should contain something that will work. Moorpark font ( came with virtual gibbs ) is a single line font that worked well in

2004/2005, however 2006 brings it in with extra lines that have to be cleaned up. Right click the text, select dissolve sketch text, turns the text into editable entities ( may only work on a true-type font ). Only takes a few minutes to clean up a relativly large block of text.
Reply to
Brian

Brian, Thanks! We laser etch notes and part numbers all the time, as well as locations for welding. I didn't know I could dissolve the sketch text and clean it up for the etch. We've been cleaning it up in autocad, manually creating the notes or running the part in and out of Metalsoft to add the notes with a single line.

Little th> An inexpensive font pack that you could pick up from officemax or

Reply to
Diego

That must be a font that comes with SolidCAM as I don't see that one here.

knotfreak