Text

Anyone know or have a third party software for Solidworks, that will
create machineable text?
I machine the text within SW all the time, just have to be careful which font you use. Maybe be more specific as to your issue?
Reply to
Brian
Does anyone know how to add a tekst in a sketch with a font that does not have a double line but a single one. The text will be used by cam to engrave it. Actually the text needs to look like what I have typed here! The cam program just follows the single line.
Reply to
Ron van Dijk
If it is not too long, draw it by lines and radii. Maybe with the help of a text feature that you will hide once done.
HIH JM
"Ron van Dijk" a écrit dans le message de news: ec1kji$huf$ snipped-for-privacy@localhost.localdomain...
Reply to
Jean Marc
An inexpensive font pack that you could pick up from officemax or similar for $10 or less should contain something that will work. Moorpark font ( came with virtual gibbs ) is a single line font that worked well in 2004/2005, however 2006 brings it in with extra lines that have to be cleaned up. Right click the text, select dissolve sketch text, turns the text into editable entities ( may only work on a true-type font ). Only takes a few minutes to clean up a relativly large block of text.
Reply to
Brian
Brian, Thanks! We laser etch notes and part numbers all the time, as well as locations for welding. I didn't know I could dissolve the sketch text and clean it up for the etch. We've been cleaning it up in autocad, manually creating the notes or running the part in and out of Metalsoft to add the notes with a single line.
Little things help a lot - thanks again for the information. Diego
Brian wrote:
Reply to
Diego
Try the font DPS Schrift Single it should already be available on your machine. We use it all the time in SolidWorks for SolidCAM
Diego wrote:
Reply to
CS
That must be a font that comes with SolidCAM as I don't see that one here.
You can download it here
CS wrote: > > Try the font DPS Schrift Single it should already be available on your > > machine. We use it all the time in SolidWorks for SolidCAM > > > > Diego wrote: > >> Brian, Thanks! We laser etch notes and part numbers all the time, as > >> well as locations for welding. I didn't know I could dissolve the > >> sketch text and clean it up for the etch. We've been cleaning it up in > >> autocad, manually creating the notes or running the part in and out of > >> Metalsoft to add the notes with a single line. > >> > >> Little th> >>> An inexpensive font pack that you could pick up from officemax or > >>> similar for $10 or less should contain something that will work. Moorpark > >>> font ( came with virtual gibbs ) is a single line font that worked well in > >>> 2004/2005, however 2006 brings it in with extra lines that have to be > >>> cleaned up. Right click the text, select dissolve sketch text, turns the > >>> text into editable entities ( may only work on a true-type font ). Only > >>> takes a few minutes to clean up a relativly large block of text. > >>> -- > >>> Brian Hokanson > >>> Starting Line Products > > > That must be a font that comes with SolidCAM as I don't see that one here. > >
Reply to
knotfreak