two managers?

I somehow have two identical managers on the left side of the screen. How do I turn one of them off?

I was fooling around with mates and somehow ended up with two.

Thanks.

Reply to
dlevy

How

Try just dragging the divider between the 2 managers down to the bottom of the screen.

HTH,

jk

Reply to
jk

Thanks, that got it out of the way. It's not gone but it's out of the way.

Reply to
dlevy

There was a thread about that a few weeks back. Look it up. There was a handy macro that would make both windows into one automagically with a hot key. The thread was about a hotkey for collapsing assemblies.

Reply to
TOP

Huh? I have to have a macro to make one of them go away? Is there a "manual" way to make one of them go away? Why is the second one there? Who put it there?

Reply to
dlevy

Just click and drag one window to cover the other. But you'll miss a useful feature if you do: each of the two feature managers have tabs that set the display mode. I work with the feature tree tab at the top and the properties tab at the bottom so I can keep an eye on assembly mates.

Why?

If you select an assembly instance, all its mates will show in the properties window. Control-click on another instance, and its mates are added to the list **AND** the mates between those instances are shown in bold face. Saves much time in debugging a mate list full of cherries!

Art W

Reply to
Art Woodbury

Thanks! I'm still a bit green and appreciate the tip.

Reply to
dlevy