Update drawings

I tried using the Task Schduler to update to 2007... And it didnt work very well. But then I noticed that you can use the program to run a macro. Which could help me with one of my problem.. that when it saves a drawing it dosnt update (ctrl+Q) it, which means I have to update all the drawings manually at a later point.

My question is: Does anyone have macro that open the drawing, updates (ctrl+Q) it and saves it again?

I could try running it with the Task Scheduler to seee if it works.

Reply to
Ronni

Better than CTRL-Q is the forcerebuilt function in SolidWorks API. Do you want to open all the files in a particular folder on your harddrive, or just one file at a time? This doesn't sound like a hard macro to make.

Matt Lorono

fcsuper

BTW, I re-posted your question here:

may wish to check there for responses over the next few days.

Reply to
fcsuper

Ronnie I have one that does this using the API call for forced rebuild but I need to know if you want to run on entire folder or just a single drawing file.

Reply to
Jeff

Entire folders, have to run around 10k drawings.

Reply to
Ronni

Ronnie

There is a problem when updating documents if you do not follow the order of: part, assemblies and the drawings. I.e.. update the part documents first, then the assemblies and finally the drawings.

It is logical, if you think about it, but the scheduler will only update document by document folder listing. Updating by the folder listing will result in document updating in the wrong order.

Example:-

1part.sldprt 1part.slddrw 2part.sldprt 2part.slddrw assem1.sldasm assem1.slddrw

This would work.

part1.sldprt part1.slddrw part2.sldprt part2.slddrw assem1.sldasm assem1.slddrw

This will not work as the assembly documents will update BEFORE the part and part drawing documents.

Pete

Reply to
pete

I know these things and have been doing them in that order, but still there was a lot I had to update manually and it dont force a rebuild a long the way. And it wont work in anyway once I start with assemblies that consist of more than a few parts. Also I had to copy the files to another folder and run it from there since the scheduler have difficulties planning more than around 500 files. So I manually moved the parts 500 by 500 to another folder and then ran the updates from there, in the order parts, parts used for half fabricated pieces, assemblies and then drawings. This is as you point out very logical, and was nessesary to get it to work just a little. But this procedure is very time consuming with my current 130k SW files (have done around

70k now), and when I discover that I have to update them once more just because it dont cause a force rebuild it is wastet work.
Reply to
Ronni

You may need to speak to your VAR, as the update assistant, should force a rebuild on all documents.

. Update Assistant - Customers participating in the jumpSTART program are provided a tool to help with this process. The Update Assistant will:

. Force a rebuild on all documents

Reply to
pete

On Sep 5, 7:07 am, "pete"