Var's

I have just tried to buy a second seat of Solidworks office pro from a different Var to the one that we have at the moment, this is due to the lack of technical knowledge of our present Var. You would think that they would jump at the chance of a sale. But no, they said that they couldn't sell to me, as I already have a contract with my current Var! Even if they could, they would only sell at list price with no discounts. As a new customer without any other contract, they could offer me a discount! This is all due to the current Solidworks policies, they said! Bloody cheek! excuse me Solidworks, but I am the customer and if you want to keep my business, I would suggest that you change your policies, before I start looking elsewhere!

Reply to
Pete Newbie

Pete....the policy has been put into place for a real good reason. I completely understand where you are coming from, beleive it or not. But think of it like this. In the past VAR's would take customers from other VAR's in a very underhanded way. Thus you see the policy that you have in place. It stinks on some levels for customers but maybe there is a change that can happen who knows.

Reply to
Arthur Y-S

The VAR that you want to deal with should have a VAR request change form that you can fill out. You could also contact SolidWorks direct and let them know that you are not happy with your current support. If you do not have a contact at SolidWorks you could send your complaint to snipped-for-privacy@solidworks.com and ask them to direct it to the appropriate person.

Reply to
SWuser

Doe's this mean that even though we have a current running contract with one Var, we change to another Var without taking out another contract, by using the existing contract??

Reply to
Pete Newbie

Please restate.

JJ

Reply to
JJ

Yes.

Reply to
Michael

That's great, now the only problem that I can see, is that the new Var my be worse, and there is only two here. lol But I will contact the new Var and see what his response time is. My current Var is ment to be around 1 hour, but the norm is 6 hours, with 3 weeks the longest, (even with me chasing them)!

Reply to
Pete Newbie