HELP: dimensions flicker on my drawing

Lately I have had the following problem:

When I edit a sketch, I can't see the dimensions all the time.... They are shown when I go to SolidWorks from another full-screen-application with e.g. alt-tab, but when I start using the mouse in SW, they disappear. Individual dimensions flash when the mouse pointer is moving over the dimension.

It is very annoying...... have I accidentally set a switch for my screen update or something...?

Reply to
Steve

What kind of graphics card are you using I know of some ATI cards giving these kind of problems. Check the SolidWorks site for the support of your card.

Bert

"Steve" wrote in news:doIVb.2311$ snipped-for-privacy@news.getnet.dk:

Reply to
Bert Smeitink

I am using "ATI MOBILITY RADEON 7500" - but I didn't always have the problem.... maybe once in a while (and that could typically be solved by re-opening SW) but certainly not so permanently as now. I can't think of changes made to my system, that may have affected this area...

The graphics ard is not listed on SWs support pages on the web.

Reply to
Steve

We had the same issue with some Radeon cards here. The best solution is to switch from a gamer card to a workstation card. Other than that, the best we could do is turn on "Use software OpenGL." This can be found under Tools/Options/Performance, but can only be changed if no documents are open.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Hello,

I think the new driver from ATI Catalyst 3.10 or above should fix this problem... I had the same problem with an ATI Radeon 7500 and a Radeon

9600 and it is fortunately gone after the driver update.

->

Greets Markus

Reply to
Makus Lotz

I myself, have had the same problem appear on my ATI, once I went from NT4x to Win2K.

Reply to
rocheey

"Steve" wrote in news:QbKVb.3110$Ga7.1356 @news.get2net.dk:

Update your driver to the latest catalyst driver, then in the opengl tab of the advanced driver properties, turn down anisotropic filtering.

Reply to
Zander