VRML 2

I need to export to VRML 2 and SolidWorks uses version 1. Is there an inexpensive way to convert the VRML file from version 1 to version 2?

Thanks!

Reply to
ew

Try this one:

Markku Lehtola

if you look in the options when you want to save as VRML you will see VRML

97...this is the same as VRML 2 AFAIK
Reply to
neil

Neil............ I am not 100% but one thing I know is that VRML 97 is not exactly the same as VRML 2 if only for the simple fact that you cannot export, from Solidworks at least, with textures added.

So this is something that would be a great enhancement. If Edrawings can do it now, VRML should be that far behind.

Reply to
Arthur

I understand that VRML 2 is VRML 97, at least that's the info I found, but I think the capability to export textures has never been added to SW code. It is only recently that SW has had Realview capability. I don't think the code traverses multi bodies properly for the same reason. I agree an update to full compliance would be a great enhancement. Send one in....

Reply to
neil