Anyone exporting VRML

Hi all, I've generated an assembly of a computer and attempted to export it as VRML for web based viewing. When I "Save As..." using the assembly as the exported model, the *.wrl file named the same as the assembly is empty and I get a whole lot of other *.wrl files named after each part. Loading up the "master" *.wrl file, the assembly named one, shows nothing. If I include all of the parts in the one file, I get something but a good proportion of the parts are missing or incomplete. For example, the motherboard part is missing all of the slots for the cards to sit in and the monitor part only has the stand and no screen.

If I in turn load up each part, the motherboard for example, and export a VRML file for the individual part, everything seems to be there but the colours can be all wrong...

Has anyone had any experience with the VRML export from SW and what are their views?

Regards, David

Reply to
David Hampson

For an excellent article on the current status of VRML see "

" :)

Reply to
Brian Bahr

Man that's funny. I remember all the hype still.

I was waiting for the writer to mention "Avatars".

Mike

Reply to
Mike J. Wilson

The company which seems to continue pushed vrml, in a good way, is..

..

Brian Bahr wrote:

Reply to
Paul Salvador