Importing VRML

Solidworks 2005 supports VRML importing. However when we tried it, we get nothing. I was trying this method as a way to get mesh-type objects into Solidworks.

Any idea what might be wrong?

Joe Dunfee

Reply to
Smiley

Can you verify that it was a good VRML file? Have you tried adjusting the options in the open dialogue?

Reply to
Corey Scheich

Just had some limited success. Had to use the options button to tell it to only import surfaces. The only difficulty I see now is that the imported item is all one object, and sub-components are no longer separate items I can select or move. But, this is not needed for most of my stuff.

Reply to
Smiley

I don't how i to looks in SW 2005, but for example CATIA v5 (the same company curently) make possoble only view of VRML (.WRL) files (V5r9 does ; maybe newr can also modify)...

There is special software which converts VRML to IGES, which is more useful for CAD, but i don't remember the name of the converter...

Hope it helps !

Best Regards, J. Jarocki

Reply to
Jarocki