VRML

I would like to be able to take a PW rendering and export it out with the texture map attached. Currently you can do full color from SW to a vrml but no from PW.....anyone know of a program that can do it???

Reply to
Arthur Y-S

VRML is a 3D format... A PhotoWorks rendering is 2D (tiff, jpeg, bmp...) and, thus, could not be exported to VRML.

Reply to
Arlin

I realize that PW is 2D and a VRML is 3D. I guess that is my reason for posting up. To see who is using what to get that to happen. I am trying to find a program that will let me map a texture onto it and then export it out as a 3D model. So far I have not found anything really that can do this. ARGH!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Arthur Y-S

I am not positive but I think Blender will do this... Its freeware as well

Ben

Reply to
Ben

delcam products wil do that for you with artcam and powershape. type 3 is also a possibility

you can export it dan as an stl file

Reply to
zmirk

Hia

There was an article in SolidSolutions quite a while back on this, I remember highlighting the article at the time and keeping it, so if you want it I could probably look it out for you. It mainly dealt with exporting and editing the vrml code to add colours etc, I don't recall anything regarding textures though

Alternatively this thread from 2 years ago may be helpful (once agian something I thought was interesting and kept but have never needed)

Regards Iain:)

Reply to
Lousy