Why no NURBS in SW

Your really have a great sense of imagination.
Care to point out where the ISO standard for "hybrid modeling" or "hack and whack modeling" can be found ???
Or... Is it more like we must all except *your definitions* as the definitive definitions.
LOL
:>)
jon
Reply to
jon banquer
Thanks, but no bs or ideology pushing on my examples, just reality from actually using 3D modeling tools and making product with those 3D tools for 15 years.
And you?.... maybe you could run a iso demo CD and spin cycle in your moshposh hack and whack hybrid demo philosophy then cut/paste articles from other companies and promote them as if they were always your ideas? Nevermind, you do that all the time, my bad.
Now, please go away.
..
j>
Reply to
Paul Salvador
Always glad to help. ;>)
jon
Reply to
jon banquer
How long since someone mentioned that you are a clueless moron?
You don't have a CLUE what NURBS is. You don't have a clue what a surface is. You don't have a clue what a solid is. You don't have a clue what a kernel is.
HAND
Reply to
Cliff Huprich
Your massive reading comprehension problems are showing again. As is your total ignorance of the subject.
Reply to
Cliff Huprich
STILL banned with all your clueless posts killed (the ultimate insult )?
Reply to
Cliff Huprich
He just copied ALL of it from ads and the posts of others. Clueless is an idiot troll.
Even in AMC, he knows almost nothing about machining. He's a joke there as well.
This explains why he cannot actually answer any questions that about anyone that actually used such things easily could.
Reply to
Cliff Huprich
And jb will not only tell them all but is trying hard to create more kinds.
Reply to
Cliff Huprich
Totally irrelevant and you never managed to understand what *that* legal issue was about.
As a matter of fact, a little research found that YOU had never heard of him or the case until .... no matter what you pretended.
Reply to
Cliff Huprich
You really, really have a thing for horses ....

That's because they are so full of ads with words you don't have a clue about and your endless BS about things you do not use and don't understand at all.
Nobody can understand what's not there .
Reply to
Cliff Huprich
So because I use another program that proves what? notice that i said 99%....which if you do the math means that there is a 1% open to do something outside of SW. WOW did you see that...logic that makes sense. OMG...I think I am going to sheit my pants because hopefully I am starting to get through that warpped brain of yours...Jon.
So by your logic...a hack and wack programs that tried to do too much of everything and falls short of anything?
Now as a solid modeler, SW is and has been head and hands above the rest. Now rather than resting on just that, they decided to implement some new functionality into the progra... Surfacing. Heaven forbid they try to implement something new. In your world they should only do one thing and be happy with that . They should never make any chnages. So I ask you this, Jon, why not try to something new? What is wrong with the company adding in something that their customers have asked for? Did they get 100% of it right? maybe not. Have they made progress towards making the features better, most definately.
Why dont you show me a program that offers as much as SW for the same price point that is a better so called "hybrid" modeler. Remember that they have to offer EVERYTHING that SW does, and has gives me exactly what you say SW does wrong. (and if you say think3, I will kick you in the azz all the way from over here in NY)
When did SW say that their only competition is Autodesk? If that was said, more than likely it was by some marketer trying to hype the program. I challenge you to find the top 3 companies. Find out who is selling the most seats world wide. See who comes out on top. Here let me help you out.... Pro/E, IV, SE, SW, Rhino, and Alias. If I missed one, you let me know.
Reply to
Arthur Y-S
Or dollars worth of CAD or CAD/CAM or CAM software ...
Demos do not count .
Reply to
Cliff Huprich
just out of interest why would you need nurbs in solidworks
Reply to
mikemcdermid
Mike,
Just for the record Parasolid is based on NURBS math, so you already have them.
What you don't have is the ability to manipulate individual (or groups) of the control points that drive the shape.
This function is most usefull in designing curvy industrial shapes. If all you do is mechanical design, you would (most likely) never have a use for it.
Regards
Mark
Reply to
MM
Paul,
You can't reason with a lunatic. Turn on your kill filter. The only time I see posts from JB or CH is when somebody "credible" gets into a debate with them.
Ken B.
Reply to
mold.dude
If you want Nurbs to play with then you should look at
Shapeworks
Regards, Scott
Reply to
Scott
"So because I use another program that proves what? notice that i said 99%....which if you do the math means that there is a 1% open to do something outside of SW. WOW did you see that...logic"
What I see is someone (you) who has numerous problems with SolidWorks and out of frustration keeps posting about those problems in this newsgroup. What I see is you having to depend more and more on something like Rhino to get the job done.
"So by your logic...a hack and wack programs that tried to do too much of everything and falls short of anything?
Hack and whack means that surface and solid tools are not properly integrated and that the approach to modeling is often awkward to use and frequently requires bizarre and non- intuitive methods to get the job done.
A seamless, unified, hybrid modeler is just the opposite.
"Now as a solid modeler, SW is and has been head and hands above the rest. Now rather than resting on just that, they decided to implement some new functionality into the progra... Surfacing"
Creating a solid only modeler has now proven to be absolutely the wrong way to approach to take.
UG .... seamless, unified, hybrid. CATIA .... seamless, unified, hybrid. VX's Vision... seamless, unified, hybrid.
"Heaven forbid they try to implement something new. In your world they should only do one thing and be happy with that . They should never make any chnages."
Proof ???
Care to quote me where I have said anything to backup what you state above ????
LOL
"Why dont you show me a program that offers as much as SW for the same price point that is a better so called "hybrid" modeler. Remember that they have to offer EVERYTHING that SW does, and has gives me exactly what you say SW does wrong. (and if you say think3, I will kick you in the azz all the way from over here in NY)"
I have many times.
You can lead a horse to water but you can't force him to drink. :>)
At this point my sincerest hope it that you stay with SolidWorks and keep getting more and more frustrated. I like to see posts from SolidWorks users who have had enough. IMO, very helpful in getting the needed changes. The more the better.
"When did SW say that their only competition is Autodesk?"
Try using Google and reading the pasts posts to this newsgroup or reading something like UpFronteZine
Hope this helped,
jon
Reply to
jon banquer
Jon, I posted once in another group....read...ONE TIME.... I had a question. OMG heaven forbid I post a question.
Nothing is perfect. You act like there is some program that is perfect and has no problems what so ever. If there is one you show me. UG and CATIA are NOT IN THE SAME PRICE RANGE as SW.
Proof???? Everytime you post is proof of that you are trying to poke a hole in SW. What I and everyone else dont understand is that if you dont like the program DONT POST HERE. Stop trying to get others to feel like you. The reason why ppl post here is so that we can discuss problems and figure out a possible solution. I would say that 85% of the time there is an answer. Is it always convient, not always. Does it work...yes.
Reply to
Arthur Y-S
Is it necessary to try and "poke a hole" in something that already leaks like a sieve ?
Isn't the idea to fix the holes ?
BTW, how about giving thinkdesign / thinkshape a try ? I think you might like it. ;>)
jon
Reply to
jon banquer
Nope.