Latest threads in Solidworks CAD Design softwareshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

June PhotoWorks Rendering Contest
Only two days left to submit your entry for the June PhotoWorks Rendering Contest. Visit for more details. Blog - Axis Cad Solutions

Sheet metal bend notes
You can hide individual bend notes on a flat pattern drawing view of a sheet metal part. But if you do, and then change your mind, how do you get them back? The only way I have found is to toggle all...
2
2

How are HP/Compaq Systems?
I wanted to check with those of you are using HP/Compaq boxes and how you rate them on performance, reliability and support. I am in the market for a new system $1500 range and typically have about...
4
4

Anyone know a good online tutorial site for learning Visual Basic?
Any good (pay or free) online learning site for Visual Basic? Anyone recommend any books for a begineer?
11
11

Adding ALL dimensions
A quick question. Is there a way to add ALL dimensions automatically to a detail drawing? or we need to add one at the time? Thank you!
3
3

China Mold shop Spam out of hand
I made a few postings to some of these groups looking for some help. My problem is not with the help I got from these groups( it was generally quite good) but from the amount of spam I now get from...
9
9

I Missed The SolidWorks Boston Summit
Yesterday my first flight from Carlsbad, CA to LAX was over an hour late; do to a "mechanical". Therefore, I missed my connecting direct flight to Boston. The next flight was full, no seats available....
17
17

Anyone ever used....???
Has anyone here ever used Cimatron??? I am not looking to replace SW, just add more capabilities, and/or be a bit more efficient. Their software is supposedly geared towards mold shops, for mold...
9
9

Looking for any information on a plastic Butterfly hinge design
I thought I'd ask here if anyone has any information or specifications for a typical Butterfly hinge. I'm looking for any patents, design drawings, or contacts in the industry that can help me in...
8
8

List of mass properties
Does anyone have a macro that lists the mass of each component in an assembly? If SWX has this function built-in, then they've hidden it well away. TIA John H
3
3

Re: Mori Seki SL1 NC lathe programming
Cliff, The other thread May 27th brewertr wrote: Cliff wrote: Top posted that thread, NO ANSWER, above is just more evasion and a normal Cliffism Troll tactics for a non-answer. Very simple question,...
3
3

OT--funny radio clip
This Happened on 768 Northwest Highway in Dallas. It's a phone call from a man in Texas who witnessed a car accident involving 4 elderly women. It was so popular when they played it on CHUM FM that...

License Management
Just wondering if any of you SNL users out there are using any software to analyze usage or other details of your licenses? We are currently using KeyServer and get some great reports out of it. I am...
1
1

Need contractor in Greensboro, NC area
Hello. An automation company in the Greensboro, NC area is in need of a contract draftsman with Solidworks experience. Remote work a possibility. This will involve straight drafting work only and will...

Measuring Tool
I know this sounds strange, but I need to measure on a surface or plane, absolute space to absolute space, just for reference. This helps me tweak my model for clearances. There are no edges, points...
3
3