#1 guage live steam

Does anyone post re: live steam guage # or Gscale? if not can anyone direct me to a newsgroup where live steam is the topic? Thanks.

Reply to
Geoffrey Barnett

Geoffrey Barnett

The only maker of gauge 1 live steam that I know of is British. Therefore, you *may* have better luck contacting the gorup uk.rec.models.rail but since I don't read that group I don't know for certain.

Reply to
gl4316

Aster is the biggie in 1 scale. Mamod and MSS (UK) both do very basic live steamers in O/G gauge. There are several US firms advertising live steam in #1 and G - check the advertising pages of "Garden Railways.

There are quite a few firms doing live steamers in the UK but the scale is generally 16mm:1 foot on either 32mm or 45mm gauge. Brandbright springs to mind.

Regards, Greg.P. NZ

Reply to
Greg Procter

one souce of #1 live steam in the USA

Howard Garner

Greg Procter wrote:

Reply to
Howard R Garner

Geoffrey=A0Barnett posted:

Don't know if this will help but the forward by Bob Brown in the Jan/Feb

2007 of the Narrow Gauge and Short Line Gazette is about his recent experience with trying out a 1:19 Accucraft UK Ltd. Garratt live steam engine. It's sort of a crash course on the subject and is an interesting read.

Many sources for further info are mentioned. These 2 might might be worth looking at:

(site for Steam in the Garden magazine with photos, info and message board).

(California site for Accucraft Trains which includes some live steam).

(UK live steam site that lists U.S. sellers in the Dealers link).

~Brad fd64

Reply to
flyingdragon64