A Preiser problem

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 08:18:01 -0400, Mike Tennent wrote:

Oh, yeah! I could make a model of my house, with a couple of CSOs on the porch outlining a pair of bodies in chalk. I'm not sure that my printer can manage the detail on the scattered pile of Watchtowers, though.
--
Steve

Actually, I would like to find the ref I had to the "sex-scenes" that Preiser? had shown earlier in the year. I've come across a couple of N-scale 60's/70's houses with a deck over the attached garage and including chaise lounges,etc. A couple enjoying "fun in the sun" would be interesting to add....
Edvardo

I think that's Noch.
--
Ian Birchenough

Any url to it - I just looked and couldn't find anything.
Edvardo
writes

Edvardo said the following on 7/19/2005 1:33 PM:

I have the Adam & Eve set from Preiser. Many positions can be achieved. A small scene and a miniature version of the Kama Sutra. There is also the nude sunbathers. They're going next to my lake with some peeping Toms nearby.
Kirk
In the Feb-Apr 1986 issues of Model Railroader, MR did a project layout featuring the Western Pacific in Z Scale. Do any of you know where this layout is at this time?
thanks
David Epling FRRS/PRM Webmaster Portola Railroad Museum http://www.wplives.org
said...

featuring the Western Pacific in Z Scale. Do any of you know where this layout is at this time?

Hi David,
Sorry, don't have an answer for you, but someone here probably does: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/z_scale /
WZ

But, Mike, where are you going to find HO scale yellow "Crime Scene" tape to put around it? <grin>
Norman Morgan <> http://www.norm-morgan.com
In a message on Mon, 25 Jul 2005 18:23:04 -0000, wrote :
NM> http://www.deepsoft.com /\FidoNet: 1:321/153
In a message on Mon, 18 Jul 2005 15:41:16 -0500, wrote :
h> I have a problem with Preiser/WS figure packs of six. Sometimes six is h> more than I need/want. For example, I could use one brown bear in my h> little wilderness area, but six would have to eat the train crews to h> survive. I would like a couple of fishermen, but six would outnumber the h> fish in my small stream. A couple of deer would be nice, but six would h> overpopulate the layout. You get the idea. Too bad there isn't a place h> to trade my extra figures for others' extras. Or maybe there is. I have h> done some trading, but there are not many N-scalers around here.
One thing *I* do is save the 'extras' for future use. Until such time as your layout is 'done' (is it *every* 'done'?) there is always a possibility you'll need one of the extras. There is also breakage issues. What if something happens to your one brown bear? He falls off your little wilderness area and gets eaten by the floor daemon... What do you do? Well, you reach into your 'spare parts' drawer and get a replacement... Ditto for the deer or the fishermen, etc. I have a 400 scale foot bridge with a module at each end with a pair of fishermen on each of the modules (under each end of the bridge). I used 4 fishermen from a set of 6 and put the extra two away. More recently, I built a small 'test' track section, with a bridge. I used the two extra fishermen on this section.
h>
\/ Robert Heller ||InterNet: snipped-for-privacy@cs.umass.edu http://vis-www.cs.umass.edu/~heller || snipped-for-privacy@deepsoft.com http://www.deepsoft.com /\FidoNet: 1:321/153

    I buy the unpainted figs and modify any which i don't need. Too many fisherman? Clip off the pole and you have a figure who can hold something or just be hanging out. Heat the deer legs and stretch them out and you have something that can be hanging from a tree or over a car fender and show it is deer season. Too many bears? How about a zoo? The figs are cheap enough (unpainted) and easy to modify so any actual "unusable" figs will be rare.      Creativity solves many problems.
                                cat
harrym wrote:
"I would like a couple of fishermen, but six would outnumber the fish in my small stream."
Have you ever seen those opening day human interest reports on the local news pieces where the fishermen are literally shoulder to sholder in the river?
Eric