A Preiser problem

Reply to
G.M.

I'm probably wrong on the scale. IIRC, the Aurora plane models were

1:48, but their armor models were much smaller. And yes, "figher jet" has bothered me the last few years, just like "WMD" when refer> I agree.
Reply to
G.M.

"And yes, "figher jet" has bothered me the last few years, just like "WMD" when refering to chemical and biological agents since neither are. Supppsedly they are mass casualty weapons, or MCW. I tend to disagree."

I've always thought that B-52s carpeting bombing from 30,000 feet is much more likely to create mass causulties.

Eric

Reply to
Eric

Or hairspray mannequins - er, uh, local TV "reporters" - calling cartridge cases left at a crime scene "bullet shells".

Reply to
Steve Caple

Or more so, some idiot refers to an antisubmarine warfare aircraft with a side-by-side two seat cockpit and a couple more crew positions as a "fighter jet" - and the idiot who climbed out of it wearing a borrowed flight suit as the "pilot", even though he lost his pilot qualification decades before in shadowy circumstances (hard to pee in a cup at a flight physical when you snorted coke at a party a week before) and at any rate was NEVER, EVER, carrier qualified.

Reply to
Steve Caple

Just wait til he opens his mouth to bite your friend. Hit him in a soft spot. ;-)

Kirk

Reply to
'Captain' Kirk DeHaan

featuring the Western Pacific in Z Scale. Do any of you know where this layout is at this time?

Hi David,

Sorry, don't have an answer for you, but someone here probably does:

WZ

Reply to
Wild Zontar

Mike Tennent wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

But, Mike, where are you going to find HO scale yellow "Crime Scene" tape to put around it?

Reply to
Norman Morgan

NM> Mike Tennent wrote in NM> news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com: NM> NM> NM> >>Or a bear in cammies with an assault rifle, and a dead SUV NM> >>driver tied over a log nearby. NM> > NM> > NM> > LOL. The "Far Side" lives. NM> > NM> > Somewhat related: NM> > NM> > At the Clearwater GATS a dealer was carrying an HO scale NM> > swimming pool with clear plastic "water" covering the pool. It NM> > occurred to me that you could put a Prieser body at the bottom NM> > of the pool and have a couple of CSI's running around processing NM> > the crime scene. NM> > NM> > Mike Tennent NM> > "IronPenguin" NM> > NM> NM> But, Mike, where are you going to find HO scale yellow "Crime NM> Scene" tape to put around it?

That is what high-res color-inkjet printers are for....

=========================================================== NM> Sometimes I wake up grumpy. Other times I let her sleep. NM> =========================================================== NM> NM>

\/ Robert Heller ||InterNet: snipped-for-privacy@cs.umass.edu

|| snipped-for-privacy@deepsoft.com
/\FidoNet: 1:321/153

Reply to
Robert Heller

Using a 7.62 wouldn't be much better than the 5.56. While the AK round is 30 caliber, it doesn't have enough "punch". Recommended caliber for bear is 300WinMag.

Reply to
John

Reply to
G.M.

I still say there's nothing wrong with a Ma Deuce - other than lugging the damn thing around. The noise alone should scare off Smokey.

Reply to
Steve Caple