Atlas Dash 8-40CW Help

Hello fellow modelers,

I just pick up a couple of Atlas' new Dash 8-40CW's today. After looking at the locomotive and exploded diagram provided, I realized that I don't have a clue on how to remove the shell so that I can install the decoders. These are my first Atlas units that now own. It appears not to be some obvious as the Proto 2K or BLI that I currently own. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for you assistance, and keep the mainline open!

Joe snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

R. Joe Armstrong II

Anthony Chambers

Here's a quick step-by-step guide:

  1. Unscrew and remove coupler boxes, and remove brake chain from chassis.

  1. Remove fuel tank on frame.

  2. Hold frame at fuel tank and lift rear end of shell and walkway.

  1. When rear end of shell and walkway gives, pull front end of shell and walkway, for this you will have to use some force, as there is a glue-like substance on the top of the frame clinging to the inside of the shell.

That should do the trick.

Nicholas

Reply to
Nicholas Lorvik