Auto Reverse Units?

I'm using conventional DC trains in S scale and attempting to run point to point with the train stopping at one end and self reversing to the other, etc...

Can anyone recommend a good autoreverse unit?

Thanks.

Reply to
Craig

Visit

-- these people sell the various units (sensors, relays, etc.) to do this. And you can get fancy and do more exotic things using a computer, since the sensors are also available with USB connections.

Reply to
Robert Heller

I'm sure circuitron still sells the AR-1:

If you want to make your own, this looks interesting:

*
Reply to
PV

Hello, and so the train would run backwards half the time? Do you have room for a reversing loop of track? Sincerely,

Reply to
J.B. Wood

Some prototype commuter trains have a locomotive on one end and an operator's cab in the passenger car at the other end. At each end of the route the engineer walks from one end of the train to the other and uses the other cab. Subways and light rail often have cabs at both ends as well.

Reply to
robertva

if you change your scale to H O,you can use Bachmann track spacifically designed for use with their model trollies,that auto reverse

Reply to
badger