Bad Moments in Carpentry

Thought I'd help the grandnephew with his new layout. I didn't think he should be handling power tools just yet, so I did the measuring and cutting for the benchwork. When it was time to put the 4x8 plywood on top, I realized that I forgot the subtract the width of the two side rails!

Rather than take it all apart to cut an inch and a half off all the joists, I told him I left a lip around the edges of the layout so we can add a backdrop someday. One more thing to burn in Hell for, I guess.

MrZ

Reply to
MrZaremba

MrZ, I think there's a LOT of flame extinguishing power your accumulating there by spending your time with him in the first place. It may simply mean that you shouldn't expect quite as high a place in heaven. ;-) I think you're on the "right track" Lynn

Reply to
Lynn Caron

Reminds me of the time I went into the neighborhood hardware store. The clerk was telling me about a guy that came in and said, honest to God, "I cut it off twice and it's STILL too short."

Jay CNS&M North Shore Line - "First and fastest"

Reply to
JCunington

I hope he wasn't a mohel.

Reply to
Steve Caple

I know how you feel, but what I would have done is to have explained exactly what I had done and then fixed it. I have tried never to miss an opertunity to have my daughter leqarn from my mistakes instead of having to make the same mistake herself. Hasn't everyone made this mistake? I have, and many far more embarassing, but hopefully I have avoided the ones I saw my father make.

Please don't take this as a criticism, as it is not meant that way. I just think back to the mistakes I might have avoided if my father had admitted to his.

John H.

Reply to
NERD

Not to worry - he's an astute lad and rather quickly saw through the charade!

MrZ

Reply to
MrZaremba

Measure twice, cut once, and always have a backup plan.

You got it right!

Val

Reply to
VManes

OMG! ROFL!

For those not in the know, a mohel is the guy that performs ritual circumcision on Jewish boys.

10% off the top, and no tips!

Jay CNS&M North Shore Line - "First and fastest"

Reply to
JCunington

I have never seen it written before. It doesn't look like it sounds.

Reply to
Jason Davies

... like "moyle"

Reply to
Steve Caple

DARN!!! That must have HURT!

Richard Albuquerque

Reply to
Richard Sullivan

HURT, Ha.

I was down under the table. I had some nice heavy oak crossbracing to nail up in front of me, the edge of the table behind me.

I was about to swing when the wife yelled. "Now, be careful"

I got the nail full blast. Yes, the one HOLDing the steel nail growing out of my pointer finger. It hurt....HURT

I pulled the hammer back, hitting myself with the claw in the forehead...It HURT.

My head went back into the table. It HURT

The hammer lurched forward catching my thumb, turning it into a purple piece of road kill....It HURT

This was repeated several times before I gained control of all my appendages.

The wife said now, see, I told you to be careful.

Jim Stewart

Reply to
Jim Stewart

And a kohel is the guy who cuts the "gladhands" [heh heh] off Kadee couplers?

Reply to
Steve Caple