Clean track/wheels

Hi,
Klaus D. Mikkelsen wrote:

Did I say "low axle load" ;-) 16 tonnes is "low" for central Europe ;-) Though there are tracks that barely carry small DMUs, because of the sorry state they're in... Need to work somewhat on my layouts trackwork, but it has no weight limit as far as N scale locos and wagons are concerned ;-)

Old Piko, do you know them? ;-)
Have a nice weekend (I'll spend mine below the layout working on turnout electrification ;-)
Bernhard Agthe skriver:

Depending on where in Europe and when in time :-) Nowadays it is.

Yes, yes, but mainly from H0 scale.
But the N-scale is here http://www.mobablog.info/blog.php?id 2

And a nice weekend for you too.
Saturday will be spent showing our layout to visitors.
Klaus
Hi,
Klaus D. Mikkelsen wrote:

Thanks ;-)
Have you found that this procedure causes any ill effects on the traction tires? Thanks Bernhard Agthe wrote: : Hi, : : Puckdropper wrote: :: In extreme cases, I've had luck with a wire wheel (brass would be :: best, steel might be a little stiff) in a motor tool. After :: removing the main layer of gunk, I applied a thin layer of oil to :: the wheels. Pickup is still a little iffy, but I think that's more :: due to the pick ups themselves and not the cleaning process. : : Well, I used a sturdy paper towel and some alcoholic cleaner. : Basically put the damp paper on the rails, hold the engine in place : and turn up the power. The dark smear on the towel is quite : impressive... : : Before doing this, the loco ran only when the power was at "50%", now : it runs at about 30%, so this was/is quite a success ;-) Still need : to take it apart to clean the dust off the pickup. And find a way : that the bogies' outside decoration doesn't get stuck at turnout : frogs ;-) : : Thanks for the hints ;-)
Hi,
[Cleaning loco wheels with alcoholic fluid]
Joe91735 wrote:

Actually the loco has no traction tires. But I do imagine you could use this method for the non-traction-tire axles?
Sorry for not being helpful.
On 2/5/2009 4:00 AM Joe91735 spake thus:

Alcohol shouldn't adversely affect rubber parts. I've used it for decades to clean the pinch rollers on my cassette decks, which is basically the same material.
--
Personally, I like Vista, but I probably won't use it. I like it
David Nebenzahl wrote: : On 2/5/2009 4:00 AM Joe91735 spake thus: : :: Have you found that this procedure causes any ill effects on the :: traction tires? : : Alcohol shouldn't adversely affect rubber parts. I've used it for : decades to clean the pinch rollers on my cassette decks, which is : basically the same material.

Rubber and isopropylic alcohol are very good friends.
I've been woking with rubber rolls for many years now........
Despite that i never use any liquid cleaners near my locos.
Klaus
On 2/5/2009 12:32 PM Joe91735 spake thus:

They're thicker, but what matters is that they're the same material (probably some kind of butyl rubber, the stuff they make drive belts out of, same stuff traction tires are made of).
--
Personally, I like Vista, but I probably won't use it. I like it