Clean track/wheels

On 2/5/2009 4:00 AM Joe91735 spake thus:

Alcohol shouldn't adversely affect rubber parts. I've used it for decades to clean the pinch rollers on my cassette decks, which is basically the same material.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Slightly stiffer springs, if you can find some.

~Pete

Reply to
Twibil

Bernhard Agthe skriver:

The V180 vas build in both 4 and 6 axle versions, with axle load af 19 and 15,5 tonnes.

Gützold og old PIKO ?

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus D. Mikkelsen

David Nebenzahl wrote: : On 2/5/2009 4:00 AM Joe91735 spake thus: : :: Have you found that this procedure causes any ill effects on the :: traction tires? : : Alcohol shouldn't adversely affect rubber parts. I've used it for : decades to clean the pinch rollers on my cassette decks, which is : basically the same material.

David I have done the same on my casette player. But those rollers are MUCH thicker than traction tires are an might not any type of cleaning solution weaken the traction tire?

Reply to
Joe91735

Joe91735 skriver:

Rubber and isopropylic alcohol are very good friends.

I've been woking with rubber rolls for many years now........

Despite that i never use any liquid cleaners near my locos.

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus D. Mikkelsen

On 2/5/2009 12:32 PM Joe91735 spake thus:

They're thicker, but what matters is that they're the same material (probably some kind of butyl rubber, the stuff they make drive belts out of, same stuff traction tires are made of).

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Did I say "low axle load" ;-) 16 tonnes is "low" for central Europe ;-) Though there are tracks that barely carry small DMUs, because of the sorry state they're in... Need to work somewhat on my layouts trackwork, but it has no weight limit as far as N scale locos and wagons are concerned ;-)

Old Piko, do you know them? ;-)

Have a nice weekend (I'll spend mine below the layout working on turnout electrification ;-)

Reply to
Bernhard Agthe

Bernhard Agthe skriver:

Depending on where in Europe and when in time :-) Nowadays it is.

Yes, yes, but mainly from H0 scale.

But the N-scale is here

And a nice weekend for you too.

Saturday will be spent showing our layout to visitors.

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus D. Mikkelsen

Thanks ;-)