Decals__with__Inkjet

Good Morning!
Don't need a white background for some decals and was
wondering if someone could point me in the right direction for
using an Inkjet for decals. Where do I get decal paper?
Thank You for your interest.
Waiting for a bus is about as thrilling as fishing,
with the similar tantalisation that something,
sometime, somehow, will turn up.
George Courtauld
James B. Holland
Holland Electric Railway Operation.......
___"O"--Scale St.-Petersburg Trams Company Trolleycars and...
______"O"--Scale Parts mailto: snipped-for-privacy@pacbell.net
______Pennsylvania Trolley Museum
Railways Company (PRCo), 1930 -- 1950
N.M.R.A. Life member #2190;

Jim Holland
Jeff Hensley
If it's decals.. this place will "blow ya Socks off!!"
Inkjet water-slide decal paper for a start, I do mean a start too!
Cheers! Bob
Reply to
NIGHTBUS
=>I've had excellent results in black, less so with coilor (although I =>recently upgraded to a "photo" printer {HP 5550, had an old 500C}, and I =>haven't tried it yet for decals) => =>Don =>
Ok, how do you stop the ink from running?
Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir
Let it dry, then coat the sheet with the "special" spray they also sell (although I've been told that Krylon clear finish will work too, haven't tried it, I still have half the original can I got with my original order).
Color inks may require a couple coats. Try a small corner of the decal, if it runs, put another coat of clear on the rest of the sheet before you use it.
Don
-- snipped-for-privacy@prodigy.net
snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com moderator: snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com co-moderator: snipped-for-privacy@Yahoogroups.com

Trainman
I was not able to with either an HP970 nor an Epson 740i. The inks are not water proof and some water gets under the decal through the paper. If I go quick enough on a small decal, it runs minimally. Large decals won't work with those inkjets. Many HP and Epson printers use the same ink formulation in different containers. I even tried an HP2000C once (long ago) and it ran, too.
Use of multiple coats of the lacquer makes the decal very thick and it doesn't conform to details. Use of any decal setting solution causes the runs and it looks like s#!t. I still think the water gets in from the backing. I've tried VERY thickly applied lacquer and they still bleed.
Maybe the new durabright inks from Epson (on the Model 82) will work better. I gave up.
Ed. in article Ae_Sa.94$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr15.news.prodigy.com, Trainman at snipped-for-privacy@prodigy.net wrote on 7/21/03 3:58 PM:
Reply to
Edward A. Oates
Good Morning!
THANK YOU One and All for the excellent responses Not Only to sources for Decal-Paper, but also for info concerning smudging // running of InkJet Inks.
I have an HP-1220C but am not savvy to ink used. Does anyone have personal knowledge or experience concerning the inks for the HP-1220C?
Waiting for a bus is about as thrilling as fishing, with the similar tantalisation that something, sometime, somehow, will turn up. George Courtauld
James B. Holland
Holland Electric Railway Operation....... ___"O"--Scale St.-Petersburg Trams Company Trolleycars and... ______"O"--Scale Parts mailto: snipped-for-privacy@pacbell.net
______Pennsylvania Trolley Museum
Railways Company (PRCo), 1930 -- 1950 N.M.R.A. Life member #2190;

Jim Holland
I used the supercal product with their overspray. I think it is the same stuff a Krylon, but who knows. Someone asked about the HP 1220C: I think it uses the same ink carts at the 970 et al, and the ink is water soluble.
Do this experiment: print on regular paper. Wait 24 hours. Put a LITTLE bit of water on the paper and see if the ink dissolves/runs. If it does, then if ANY water gets under the decal either through the Krylon overspray or from under the paper, the decal will run.
I've not tried it, but the new Epson Durabright inks are supposed to be water proof according to their commercials and web site. The C82 printer is cheap enough, so maybe that is the answer. Maybe someone with a C82 and durabright inks can try it out on some decals. If it is water proof enough, maybe even microsol will be OK; maybe the overspray will not be necessary?
Ed.
in article Xns93C0412A9D6B5vguarnaairlogicnet@155.229.126.70, Vince Guarna at snipped-for-privacy@ERASEairlogic.net wrote on 7/22/03 4:24 AM:
Reply to
Edward A. Oates