Delaware Ohio Freight Station Refurbished

The former freight station on the main line through Delaware, Ohio has been purchased and refurbished. A C&O caboose has been relocated next to the building.

Inside one large room, there is an O Scale layout, no scenery, just Lionel accessories. Apparently the layout is programmable, for multi-train functions. I am not an O Scaler, so I am not overly familiar with the equipment. I saw a nice Hudson, and an N&W J-Class.

The rest of the station is given over to storage of hundreds upon hundred of boxes of privately-owned O & 027 equipment. This is not a museum, club, or store. It is apparently the private playhouse of a wealthy car-dealership owner. I am given to understand that the owner tentatively plans to acquire a couple of passenger cars for refurbishment as well. The caboose is currently under renovation to be restored to orginial condition. Apparently, the person who owns this equipment used to set the layouts up at the dealerships during holiday times.

There is also some old time railroad materials, tools, lanterns, booklets, etc. The building is not open to the public, at least at this time. The person I spoke to had no information as to when, or if, this building will be open to the public.

-- Tank

Sunbury & Lake Erie RR - HO Scale

Reply to
Tank