Digitrax DS64 craziness

Hi

Just got a DS64 for Xmas.

I hooked it up to the new sectional layout I'm building, connecting it to 4 turnouts (w/Peco solenoid machines) and my Zephyr. Everything worked fine. I made no modifications; I hooked it up right out of the box.

Tonight, I wired up the tracks of the layout section (they were not yet powered when I'm installed the DS64). Now the DS64 behaves erratically. Points often switch randomly by themselves. Switch address 04 often doesn't work at all. Sometimes all four switch addresses refuse to work at all. Shutting down the Zephyr and restarting it sometimes helps -- for a time.

If I connect the DS64 to the Zephyr via Loconet, it gets weirder -- different combinations of DS64 control panel lights come on. The spares manual that comes w/the DS64 gives no indication as to what these lights combos might mean.

Locomotives run just fine on the tracks so there is no problem there. The DS64 was okay before I powered the tracks.

What's up with this thing? Please help. I was planning on buying quite a few more but if this thing is wonky I won't.

thanks

biff

There are many variables when using the DS64. How are you powering it, what addresses are you using, etc. I would go to

and ask for help.

Reply to
Charles Kimbrough

I hooked it up right out of the box using the defaults. Powered by track.

Reply to
biff