Does Quantum QSI support the F9 shut down thingee?

Just got a BLI 2-8-2 w/QSI sound for Xmas. About six weeks ago, I got a P2K 0-8-0 w/QSI sound. The manuals of each state that pressing F9 twice (and
then again and then again) will enter the three three stages of Shut Down, yet on both locos nothing seems to happen. I'm using a Digitrax Zephyr. Any thoughts?
thanks
craig

P2K
Any
Yes, all the QSI boards going back to the GG1 do support F9 "shut down" mode. However, I don't think the Digitrax Zephyr keypad controls F9. If you had a DT400 or UT4 throttle, then you could it's F9, but with only a Zephyr, you cannot. Also, you could possibly re-map "shut down" to another function that's lower, but you'd have to dig into the manual for that. The easiest thing is to get another throttle. The UT4 is quite economical, while the DT400 is, IMHO, such a good throttle that I rarely even use my Zephyr's throttle anymore.
Thanks. I was going to get a DT400 or two anyway so now I have another reason!

What are the shut down phases on a steam engine? Since I only run diesels, I haven't a clue what sounds a steam engine will make at each stage of the shut down.
--
Frank Rosenbaum
"biff" < snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net> wrote in message
I am not familiar with the Digitrax Zephyr system, but I would advise checking the manual for it. Does this system transmit the F9 function? If it does not this would explain your problem.
Stuart Sabatini Palm Coast, FL

Shut

The Zephyr is only F0 to F8. If you had a DT400 in use with the Zephyr then it has to F12. Which is actually getting old now as the NMRA has all but finalized up to F24. I did hear an ugly rumor that there will be two sets of commands above F12, one for Lenz (and maybe other European manufactures) and one for the others.
At some point, there will be so many buttons that either we'll just get a 10 key pad instead (type in the number + "enter"), or how about a complete alpha-numeric keyboard. Just type in "toot the horn." Or it will just start to look like the bridge on the Enterprise: a million unmarked buttons on undecipherable intent. Only Scotty and Uhura will know what does what.
Ed
in article snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com, Jon Miller at snipped-for-privacy@inow.com wrote on 2/24/06 4:26 PM:

--
Ed Oates
http://homepage.mac.com/edoates

No $hit! Ain't that the truth!
Personally I'm waiting for a direct DCC-to-brain interface. You will only have to think of the desired action... :-)
Peteski

You should read the new Model Railroader - They're touting the soon-to-be-released 5-DCC system by SLF-Control. See: http://www.trains.com/Content/Dynamic/Articles/000/000/006/504oieyy.asp
Ncevy Sbby!
--
Evaluating all GUIs by the example of Windows is like evaluating all cars
by the example of Yugos.

A great system -- don't have to worry about dirty track or short circuits.
J. Bright

a 10

start
on
And what part of MR, April issue and an April 1 release date for this amazing system do you not understand? <G>
--
Jim McLaughlin

Reply address is deliberately munged.
"Jim McLaughlin" <jim.mclaughlin> wrote:

And what part of ROT-13 do YOU not understand? Check "Ncevy Sbby"... <<weg>>
--
Evaluating all GUIs by the example of Windows is like evaluating all cars
by the example of Yugos.
On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 14:07:42 GMT, Joe Ellis wrote:

shift select, then ctrl-shift-R in Dialog
--
Steve

Try out the new five-digit DCC. It is light years simpler than Digitrax, NCE or that Quantum QSI crap.
Froggy,
Spock saw the new DCC5 stuff and just got a quizzical look on his face and said, "Fascinating."
in article snipped-for-privacy@news.east.earthlink.net, Froggy @ thepond..com at Froggy @ thepond..com wrote on 2/27/06 7:20 AM:

--
Ed Oates
http://homepage.mac.com/edoates

Then only Data will be able to operate it! ;-)
--

"I believe there are more instances of the abridgement
of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent