Amtrak should be shut down as a waste of our tax $$$

Another thread got taken over by trolls.
Clearly Amtrak's time has come and gone (some would say with Nixon).
There is now way $1 Billion US Taxpayer money should go to this
sinking ship. The trains are late. The staff grumpy. The fares sky
high. The capacity shrinking. If you want to see what govt health
care is like, ride Amtrak!
------
Wikipedia. Read it and weep for our future
Reply to
DavidNebenzahl
With all due respect, I had occasion to take Amtrak recently. It's true that the train was late - very late. On the other hand, the airports and the highways were completely closed.
The staff was not at all grumpy. To the contrary, with only one exception they were all quite pleasant.
As for the fares being sky high, I have to disagree. In fact, I was stunned by how low the fares actually were - especially as a senior.
I can't speak to shrinking capacity. Suffice it to say, however, there was more than enough capacity on the train that I was riding.
Sorry.
Reply to
Andy
trainfan1 pinched out a steaming pile of:
senior.
Specious baseless comparason to terrorists noted and laughed at with MUCH GUSTO.
HA!
Amtrak is a great service to people up in the northern states...
§ñühw¤£f
fares; Bay area to Napierville and back. Coach there and bedroom back. Less than 500 for a senior. I think these are good and should be compared to at least first class on air fare.
Reply to
Jon Miller
Everyone knows the John Birch Society membersip list is the same as the NAMBLA list. Richard Mellon Scaife is high on both.
Reply to
Steve Caple
In article , =A7=F1=FChw=A4=A3f says...=20
One 'HA' hardly qualifies as 'MUCH GUSTO' =20
Maybe one of these days y'all will learn to drive...
--=20
"Tis an ill wind that blows no minds" ...PK
Reply to
Du Haxen Hase
Du Haxen Hase pinched out a steaming pile of:
however,
Esta muy gusto, caberon.
Through two feet of snow? Sure...
§ñühw¤£f
"Everyone" knows? How can you make such an outrageously false and malicious statement? There is no evidence whatsoever that the JBS and NAMBLA are in any manner connected or associated. Furthermore, the Birch Society sells numerous publications which denounce the "gay rights" movement including a virulently anti-gay publication entitled "The Pink Swastika"
For more info on that publication see:
No intellectually honest person would assert that the JBS and NAMBLA mailing lists contain the same names. First of all, nobody has access to the JBS mailing list --- so how could you possibly make such a malicious and false accusation?
Reply to
ernie1241
Teh Czar ov Awl Teh Flonkers wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@flonk.flonk.meow.stillnotleola:
The mothballs should be white housed.
Reply to
El Trauco
In article , =A7=F1=FChw=A4=A3f says...=20
Mush, little doggies
Or maybe eight prancing reindeer?
--=20
"Tis an ill wind that blows no minds" ...PK
Reply to
U.WascalWabbit
In article , says...=20
The White House should stop snorting mothballs.
--=20
"Tis an ill wind that blows no minds" ...PK
Reply to
U.WascalWabbit
As I said, remember what ancient American folk wisdom says to do with those who can't take a joke.
As far as "malicious lies [as a standard part of] political discourse", you just described that NAMBLA tag team of Cheney and Rove to a T.
They DID have Protocols of The Elders of Zion in the magazine rack at the Parkerdale barbershop. Probably not unexpected, given Indiana's history of widespread involvement with the Ku Klux Klan, including one of their Grand Whozy-whatsis Kleagles, or Kunts, as governor. So it's not surprising that with Dan Quayle's uncle's money behind it that those sick fuck Birchers started up there too.
BTW, Richard Mellon Scaife diddles little boys as well, while Cal Thomas watches.
Reply to
Steve Caple
But sometimes the staff does stupid things.
On a southbound trip on the Autotrain we were awakened early by the car attendant. He explained the train was ahead of schedule (Yes very rare for any Amtrak train) and wanted us to have enough time for breakfast.
Just outside of the station the train stopped. We were then told we would have to wait for the scheduled time to pull into the station. The reason. The crew that removes the automobiles carried by the auto train does not arrive until the scheduled arrival time. There are no passengers without vehicles on the auto train and they did not want all the passengers wandering around the station..
Stuart Sabatini\Palm Coast, FL
Reply to
Stuart Sabatini

Site Timeline