Amtrak ACELA

This may sound stupid, but... how do you pronounce ACELA???

Is it ace (as in cards) la (as in la-la-la)?

Is it pronounced each letter like we pronounce HO?

Is it Ack-la?

Just how is it pronounced???

Thanks!

dlm

Reply to
Dan L. Merkel

"AH Sell AH"

Ian

Reply to
Ian MacMillan

This is all true IF a fellow does not have a visual impairment. Sometimes adaptations have to be made.

CTucker NY

Reply to
Christian

However, most mail/news readers (including Outlook Express) allow visual impared folks to change the font size on their machine, without affecting everyone else.

--Dan (the one who *didn't* post HTML...)

Reply to
Dan O'Connor

Here in Philadelphia we pronounce it "A - Cella", as in "We have a cellar under our house".

Walt

Reply to
OLDFARHT

And most newsreaders also allow the bandwidth impaired or anal types to only view plain text.

Reply to
Ken Cameron

Since we both are using Outlook Express 6, perhaps you can explain how to do this. I haven't been able to figure it out. Either way, it doesn't make HTML postings any more palatable...

Paul A. Cutler III

************* Weather Or No Go New Haven *************
Reply to
Pac Man

"Pac Man" <

To view all messages in plain text: -

Tools - Options - Read and check the box "Read all messages in plain text", the fourth box down from the top.

-- Cheers Roger T.

Roger T.

Tools Options Read Check Read all messages in plain text

While there Fonts Font Size Your choice:-)

This will set the font size for your viewing.

But then again if someone would do: Format Plain Text just before he sends his message a lot of this would not be required.

Donald

Reply to
Donald Kinney

You need to download the *very* latest version from the Microsoft website. The original version 6 didn't have this option.

Reply to
Dave Fossett

It's in Tools, Options, Send for the HTML settings.

Reply to
Frank A. Rosenbaum

On the other end, its in Tools, Options, Read, "Read all messages in plain text." That stops them from appearing and speeds things up. Once you've clicked that, you'll never know and won't have to fuss.

CTucker NY

Reply to
Christian

"Pac Man" <

I'm using OE 6.00.2800.1123 and it's there for me

Do you have OE configured to go to your "In Box" on start up?

If not, and I don't know why you wouldn't, go to your "In Box" page.

Use the tool bar there, and nowhere else.

Tools - Options - Read

On the "Read" page, the "Read all messages in plain text" is the fourth box down. Put a check mark in that box.

While your at it, go back to the "General" page and fill in all the check marks there.

It's all there, like all Microsloth products, you just have to hunt around a bit to find it.

-- Cheers Roger T.

Roger T.

I think the one thing we can all agree on is that it ISN'T pronounced "a-SEE-la"...

--Dan

Reply to
Dan O'Connor

Isn't it pronounced "One big failure"?

Reply to
Roger T.

Mine is OE 6.00.2600.0000 and it ain't there for me.

And again, just because I can force my computer to convert it to plain text doesn't make it right to post in HTML in the first place. I have yet to see any justification for it here on r.m.r. There are plenty of other places on the 'net that uses HTML; this place doesn't. It's that simple.

Paul A. Cutler III

************* Weather Or No Go New Haven *************
Reply to
Pac Man

"Pac Man" <

That's explains it then.

Agreed Paul. However, it's also useful when you get private e-mail in HTML, you can also set your e-mail setting to only send and receive in plain text. :-)

Have you considered upgrading?

-- Cheers Roger T.

Roger T.

Well, it hadn't occured to me that there was a need. And since I just

*love* waiting for downloads (yeah, right), I try not to upgrade unless I need to. I mean, just over a year ago, I was still using Win95 on my home computer. ;-) Now that there is something worth waiting for, perhaps when I have some spare time on the 'net, I'll download the latest rev.

Paul A. Cutler III

************* Weather Or No Go New Haven *************
Reply to
Pac Man

Yeah, why not get a proper computer? ;-)

Mark.

Reply to
Mark Newton

Hey, there are advantages when using the "dark side" (aka Micro$oft): you don't have to whine about incompatable programs. :-) And almost everyone has what you have, so........

It's funny, I learned computing on an Apple II, but I've used nothing but IBM clones since 1990 (and always with whatever Bill Gates dreams up for software). I know, I know, I should be running Linux or whatever, but as long as my "magic box" does what I want it to do, it's ok with me. And in the past year and a half since I've gone to XP, I think it's crashed maybe 5 times? Heck, my old Win95 and Win98 computers used to do that every day! ;-) So far (except for this new option when reading messages), I'm content with what I have for the moment. At least until game makers start making games beyond my system's capabilities...

Paul A. Cutler III

************* Weather Or No Go New Haven *************
Reply to
Pac Man