EBAY AUCTION: K-Line Hershey's 100th Anniversary O27 Train Set

K-Line Hershey's 100th Anniversary O27 Train Set

This set is rare and complete. The Shrink wrap was torn from storage but still mostly in tact. Other than that, this set is BRAND NEW. The box was never opened.

Only place I found mention of it had it listed for $250 and it is now going on 11 years old.

I've seen odd cars from this set go for $25 each. This has all the other original parts with it.

Thanks for veiwing.

Reply to
Phueque

Give it up. The Reeses cars were worthless, and these do not bring a premium either. Cheap models for repaints, maybe. Figure 50 cents of new on the dollar, shipping included. Sorry.

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

Well Rob. You're entitled to your opinion, but I have it on good authority that you're wrong, and you've provided no evidence that these trains have devalued.

The Reeses car set just sold for $90. No ware near worthless, and this set is already at $102. I mean, if you don't want them, don't buy them. I certainly am not interested these product endorcement trains, which is why I'm selling them rather than setting them up.

But, I have to wonder why you're so interested in putting down my auctions. It seems rude and little unfair.

If this is the wrong place to advertise trains for sale I'm sorry. This is the only newsgroup I have access to that specifically deals with model railroading.

If my price is out of line with some "Blue Book" value, please give me a verifiable referance. That would actually help me.

But trolling my auction posts because you don't like them, or me, well... it's a little childish if you ask me.

I have to wonder what you expect to get out devalueing my auction?

Phueque

Well, I did say I was sorry, I guess I meant sorry, you did not get the $250.00 you thought it was worth/saw it sell for, or the $225.00 + shipping you thought it was worth, only $90.00 + shipping, or $22.50 each for ore cars with sprung metal trucks that sell for $12.95/pr. I guess they have gone down in value.

The cars in the Hershey set aren't nearly as nice as the ore cars. It's just an entry level starter set, and not very prototypical, even in the

3-rail world. You will probably get a fair price for the set, but not a collector value. The running gear for the loco, with the shell for repaint, is alone worth about $45-$55.

The "odd cars from the set" you saw may have been add-ons, with Hershey branding. The K-Line catalogs have been chock full of them for years.

There is just too much K-Line out there and too few people hunting it down... there are a few K-Line collectibles, though, out of VERY limited production runs. Even the club & convention cars, though, unless prototypical, fetch less than new(Lionel too, often). I run all my K-Line & MTH stuff.

Of course, eBay can always be called upon to produce anomalies, in both directions. Sellers should always seek a 30:1 sell:buy ratio, though.

With regard to posting ads here, I'm no expert, but usenet has designated groups for posting FA & FS items, my understanding is that this is not one of them, but I've never called anyone on it, and I'm not now. It really isn't that big of a problem here like it is in other groups. Good luck on your auctions. I see you are very busy selling stuff of all kinds.

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

Well thanks for responding. Sorry if I came back too hard.

If some one does want to call me on posting ads here I will stop.

I'm not really into model RR. I'm only selling these trains that I've basically inherited. I have boxes and boxes of stuff to go through and NO real idea where to move it. Some of it I will keep because *I* think it's cool. Some I expect won't move because dad re-boxed a lot of stuff to fit int the closet.

All I can do is search what resources are available to me and guess at the rest.

Here is one of my sources for the value of this set.

I had a couple of others at one time that were in the same $250 Ball park, but the links have gone dead or the Hershey trains have been removed from them. Probably cause ther were sold.

As with any auction you list a "buy it now" for what it's highest worth and a reserve for what you're willing to accept. I figured $90 was ok for 4 cars. Hell the economy is so bad I'm lucky if any one can afford to buy anything.

For these last two auctions I used a drop off service to package them and list the adds. So *I* am not selling everything listed under that name. Just the trains Ilisted.

I'm more of a comic book and action figure collector, so to my mind, when I can't find something for sale anywhere else, that makes is rare and more valuable.

Reply to
Phueque

Don't let the nay-sayers get to you.

You did post with EBAY AUCTION in the subjet line. This would alert those who are not interested to skip over your post.

Using FS (for sale) or FA (for auction) as well as OT (off topic) in a good policy.

While I will be skipping your posts, please continue to post model railroad related items with the appropreate subject line.

Howard Garner

Reply to
Howard R Garner