Electrical Pickup

I'm having trouble with a Kato Mikado that is not getting good electical pickup from one side of the drivers. It gets good contact
through the tender but not the drivers on one side so of course it runs very badly. There appears to be no power from the split frame to the drivers on the one side. I am assuming that both sides of the divers should transmit power. Can anyone offer some advice? Thanks Tom