Split axle coach wheels

Does anyone know where I can get hold of 14mm uninsulated coach wheels mounted on a split axle, something like the way Bachmann have been doing their wagon wheels?

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

"Jane Sullivan" wrote

Only half an answer here Jane, but Fleischmann do (or did) similar wheels, although quite what the likelihood of them having 14mm diameter coach wheels is a different matter.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

If you can manage with 'one side insulated' ie one wheel connected to the axle, one bushed, then you can get them from Branchlines in Exeter. These are fine for arranging pickups on coaches as with the Hornby Pullmans.

Keith

Reply to
Keith

Are Orbit (as in the control unit makers) "Super Rollers" still in production? They used to produce a split-axle coach wheel with pick-up contacts especially for coaches with interior lights.

David Belcher

Reply to
deb107_york

Re Superollers - Intercity Models are (according to their website) now supplying these

Bob Hope

In message , Bob Hope writes

Two things: 1. The trouble with Superollers is they are finescale (or P4). I was hoping for something a bit closer to the Bachmann wheel profile, or RP25-110. 2. Superollers only pick up from one side per axle. By going for split axles, with 2mm bushes, I was hoping to pick up from both sides on of each axle.

The track on my layout can be a bit uneven after so long in the rigours of the English outdoors, hence the requirement for coarser-scale wheels and all-wheel pickup.

Reply to
Jane Sullivan