Quick question - L&Y 2-4-2T drivers

Very quickly - what size driving wheels should the above have in 4mm scale? I'm fairly sure they were 5'8" diameter on the real thing, so does 23mm dia. sound about right for a 00 model?

Thanks in advance, David Belcher

Reply to
deb107_york

Alan Gibson's list is a useful resource

It doesn't cover your exact requirements but 23mm looks OK for 5'8". Remember prototype wheels could vary a bit as they were re-profiled.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

David,

I can't confrom or deny the wheel size of the prototype, but if it is

5' 8", then you might find a 23mm driver a bit too big. In 00, the flanges are oversize and you might find it better to look at a 21.5mm or 22mm driver which could look better, and give enough clearance in splashers - although I can't remember whether the L&Y tank had both its drivers under the tank, with no splashers.

Jim.

Reply to
Jim Guthrie