FiberOptic material

Anyone know where to get fiberoptic material? I've read some great articles on use, but they fail to say where to get a supply from. Any ideas folks.

Reply to
Michael Brickley

I believe I got mine from Walthers.

Jeff Law New Zealand

Reply to
Jeff Law

Funny you should ask that, I just ordered a fiber optic sample kit from

I had the same problem, took some digging to find a source with a sample kit of plastic fiber. (DO NOT USE GLASS FIBER)

-Hudson

Reply to
Hudson Leighton

Michael=A0Brickley) Anyone know where to get fiberoptic material? =A0 I've read some great articles on use, but they fail to say where to get a supply from. Any ideas folks.

----------------------------------------------- Fiber Optic Products Co.:

History of N Scale:
Links to over 700 helpful sites:

Bill

I get mine at

but the site is temporarily down for renovation.

Mike Tennent "IronPenguin"

Reply to
Mike Tennent

Plastruct makes some fiberoptic stuff in packages. I got some at my local train store.

The also sell some "flourescent" fiber optic products. It is supposed to take up light on the length and emit it from the ends. I've not tried it, but it sounds interesting.

Ed.

in article snipped-for-privacy@news.airmail.net, Mike Tennent at snipped-for-privacy@ironpeng.com wrote on 5/12/04 10:25 AM:

Reply to
Edward A. Oates

I don't know if it's cheaper, but how about those little fiber optic "magic lights" that they sell in flea markets and dollar stores? The ones that are a small flashlight with fibers sticking out the end.

FB

Reply to
Farmboy

Mike, if you would search archives of this group and rec.models.scale group and look for "plastic fiber optics" You will find many sources.

I personally posted some good links in the past.

I used to get them from BL Hobby Products (from hobby shops and from Walthers). And many electronic surplus places sell them.

The ones I bought were .010", .020", .030", .040" dia. I have some short .060" stuff too.

Peteski

Reply to
Peter W.

Mike, if you would search archives of this group and rec.models.scale group and look for "plastic fiber optics" You will find many sources.

I personally posted some good links in the past.

I used to get them from BL Hobby Products (from hobby shops and from Walthers). And many electronic surplus places sell them.

The ones I bought were .010", .020", .030", .040" dia. I have some short .060" stuff too.

Peteski

Reply to
Peter W.

yes that flashlight material is fine actual fiber optic cable is glass and calls for special tools to gut and construct ends nd is actually used to carry laser projected light

btw i am a cetified fiber tech for charter comm

Reply to
GlobalCabl