Foam roadbed...

Several years back I used a foam roadbed material on an HO layout. For the life of me, I can't remember the manufacturer of the product. Anyone have an Idea?

-- Dave

Never leave well enough alone. (Raymond Loewy)

Reply to
David Thuss

Woodland Scenics makes the foam roadbed.

Reply to
Frank Rosenbaum

You can see some pictures of WS foam roadbed over their foam risers on my website (below), in the layout progress area. That way you can see if it's the same material that you remember.

Ed

in article snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net, David Thuss at snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net wrote on 1/27/06 9:53 AM:

Reply to
Edward A. Oates

Are you talking about Foam-a-bed (i think) It was molded so the ties would slip in grooves? As i remember the advertisement, it had a roll of this stuff preceding a "roll of rail" it's kind of blurry right now but it'll come back to me...

Reply to
Big Rich Soprano

-- Dave

Never leave well enough alone. (Raymond Loewy)

Reply to
David Thuss

Ed, that is the product I was looking for. I just finished the benchwork for my around the room layout. I cut custom risers at every stringer location for the plywood sub-roadbed... lots of work. The platform and WS foam system, like you used, would have been a much easier route.

You're layout looks great!