Furano & Camerlengo: 1903 RUTLAND Truss Rod Cattle Cars

A recent issue of "Railroad Model Craftsman" (12/04, page 99) included an article showing early 36ft 1900 cattle cars. The RUTLAND" truss rod
car caught my interest. The article said these are available at the Furano & Camerlengo Line. I can't find that mfr/retailer anywhere using search engines. Does anyone know how to reach this company?
Where can I find alternate suppliers for early 1900 craftsman cattlecars? Box cars? Flat cars?
Those old timey short coupled cars sure look good on a tight raduis steep mountain RR.
Thanks, Phil English Salinas, Ca.
On 25 Nov 2004 08:48:19 -0800, Phil English wrote:

Looking - Googling - for the proper spelling might help: it's "Funaro"
--
Steve

"The liberties of the people never were nor ever will be secure when the
Phil, Take a look at some of the wood freight car kits by Labelle. labellemodels.com/main.htm They are excellent and straight forward to build. If you need several of the same type car get some strip wood, sheet material, and wire that matches the stuff in the box along Tichy K-Brakes. http://www.tichytraingroup.com /. and any detail parts needed from Tichy or Grandt http://www.grandtline.com/ The few pre cut pieces in the kits can easily be made with the same tools you need to build a kit anyway. After you have built several different cars like these it won't matter if anyone makes a kit or not for a particular car from this general time period. All you will need are some drawings or dimensions. Westerfield also makes some very nice kits that may be of interest to you http://www.westerfield.biz/ These are resin kits and are not as easy to build ( at least for me ) as most of the wood kits but they are very detailed and beautiful when finished. I'm not familiar with the Funaro & Camerlengo kits but I think they are resin kits and would be similar to Westerfields to build. Bruce

"Phil English" < snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

Site Timeline