Harassment at Steve's Hobby

This message was recently posted on the forum.....and at the end I have a response.

Reply to
LynnM952

Give me a break.

Don Cardiff Model Railroad Design Kaneville, IL

Reply to
CBT2000

Yup, that's the solution for boorish behavior.... another law suit. What damages have the parties really suffered? Geez, more of the courts time taken up with another frivolous suit.

Don't spend any more money there, tell others and move on.

Steve Lynch

Reply to
Steven Lynch

That's the "American" way. :-)

-- Cheers Roger T.

Roger T.

Why must you Americans sue sue sue.....

Reply to
Rob

Rodney King was right "Can't we all just get along?"

Seriously though "Just get over it" seems more appropriate. Forget about it and take your business elsewhere. Enjoy the 4th - see a fireworks show.

These are the kinds of conversations that make the Taliban hate us :-)

CBix

Reply to
Charles Bix

Do the manly thing and challenge him to a duel at sundown, out by the OK Corral.

Reply to
Corelane

This would be a stupid lawsuit to pursue and it would not and will not ever go further than here on this newsgroup.

Jim Stanton

---------------------------------------------------------------- "Defining and analyzing humor is a pastime of humorless people" Robert Benchley (1889 - 1945)

Jim Stanton

Stupid advice.

Reply to
Mark Mathu

Why didn't you ask him to apologize?

BR Bo Holmqvist

To contact me: Reply to this - correct the adress using this info: "Keep the image, but turn off the sound"

Reply to
Bo Holmqvist

Or have him step out back of the store.

Kirk

"Moe, Larry, the cheese!", Curly

'Captain' Kirk DeHaan

Mmmmmm.....tort.....chocolate pecan tort......

Reply to
Steve Watson

It's cheaper than sending Alonzo and Guido to break his legs.

Because there are laws against that sort of behavior. And the way the laws are structured in this country, you can sue anybody for anything in tort law. Remember: It's the lawyers who wrote the laws. One of their major interests in tort legislation is keeping lawyers like themselves employed.

You also need to realize that America graduated HUGE numbers of law students in the 80s. We have WAYYYYY too many. Can we send a few your way?

Jay Modeling the North Shore & North Western C&NW/CNS&M in 1940-1955 Due to spam, all e-mails except those from selected addresses will be refused. Thanks for your understanding.

Reply to
JCunington

I agree. Not enough witnesses, double-entendres. No real economic loss. Hurt feelings to be sure. Not clear-cut enough for a jury in my mind.

Spread the word and avoid the place like the plague.

Jay Modeling the North Shore & North Western C&NW/CNS&M in 1940-1955 Due to spam, all e-mails except those from selected addresses will be refused. Thanks for your understanding.

Reply to
JCunington

Not from the lawyer's point of view. Billable hours...

Reply to
JCunington

What? To Atlanta? No thanks....

Reply to
Rob

I'm generally with LynnM on this one, as stated by the phrase, "it is also prosecutable criminal behavior" (meaning the harassment part). However, I disagree with the sentiment that "Someone needs to sue this man into bankruptcy," which sounds like one is pursuing a vendetta. However, I DO agree with the civil component of a legal action.

Dieter Zakas Respect, NJ

Reply to
Hzakas

Last I checked, simply offending someone with boorish behavior hasn't yet been deemed a violation of their civil rights. Folks really need to read up on how harassment is defined legally in Ohio before encouraging someone to file what appears to be a weak lawsuit. Some states require there to be repeated behavior for a crime to have been committed. It might be more wise to leave opinions on whether crimes were committed up to folks licensed to practice law in the state of Ohio, and not to Internet legal novices.

Quite frankly, I think the idea of suing over an incident such as this is just plain idiotic. I'd simply take my business elsewhere. If I were to consider legal action over someone else exersising their constitutional right to be a moron, I'd have to question my own intelligence, and if I should get a grip by growing a thicker skin...

Reply to
Sean S

Other than they aren't online? Actual location is 5834 Monroe in Sylvania.

Reply to
o u t e n d

There is another thread that has the guys name and store in it.

Reply to
MrRathburne