Haunted railroad?

I am looking for ideas for a layout featuring "haunted" themes. Google didn't turn up much. Like to have at least one haunted house. Ideas for
"spooky" accessories and the appropriate loco and cars, too. Maybe someone has old Halloween themed articles from a MR mag? Let me know. I am new at this. Post or email. Thanks!

I have a haunted house and flying saucer scene on my N scale railroad:
http://www.billsrailroad.net/halloween-1
http://www.billsrailroad.net/halloween-2
I use a $1 cake decoration house to create the haunted house and repainted it and put a light inside, etc.
You'll find a couple more Halloween-railroad links on my Halloween page:
http://www.billsrailroad.net/halloween
Good luck with your endeavor. I'm sure you'll enjoy it!
Bill Bill's Railroad Empire N Scale Model Railroad: http://www.billsrailroad.net Flying Saucer and Haunted House Scenes: http://www.billsrailroad.net/page-3#flying-saucer Halloween Page: http://www.billsrailroad.net/halloween Model Railroad Books, Toys, and Trains: http://www.billsrailroad.net/bookstore
Thanks Bill!
Those are really fun and well done scenes. And more ideas for others.
Robert

Google turned up several:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=model+train+halloween+scenes&btnG=Google+Search
Busch has a Halloween scene and a flying saucer scene (links on Google's page). Micro-Traions has a "Whoville..." N scale train set.
I find that craft stores, toy stores, and dollar stores are a good source for finding items to create inexpensive scenes.
Bill Bill's Railroad Empire N Scale Model Railroad: http://www.billsrailroad.net Flying Saucer and Haunted House Scenes: http://www.billsrailroad.net/page-3#flying-saucer Halloween Page: http://www.billsrailroad.net/halloween Model Railroad Books, Toys, and Trains: http://www.billsrailroad.net/bookstore
Hello
Faller and Vollmer have haunted houses. German buildings but they still look good. Going to post some pics of the layout on a website, would love to see them. :)
wrote:

My Website: http://gannetweb.awardspace.com Delete the You Know What to email me!
The October 2002 Classic Toy Trains had a small tinplate project pike with Halloween themes - basically a figure 8 with a typical old run-down Victorian haunted house on a hill a one end amid leafless, gnarly old trees, and a farm with a patch full of pumpkins at the other. A better spooky scene than a pumpkin patch would be the old stone church with an interestingly populated grave yard.
Lighting would be important - dim and mostly blue for the overall scene, and yellow lights going on and off randomly to highlight ghosts and ghouls behind various windows, and maybe a red light coming from a open grave. Some animation could be slow opening of the church doors with the sound of an organ playing the Bach D-minor Toccata and Fugue rising and fading again as the doors close, and maybe a casket lid opening to reveal Bela Lugosi... Enough - I'm starting to get cold chills.
Seriously, on a small Lionel display layout I built, turning down the lights, putting a couple skeletons around the layout, and tying a Kleenex around the classic Lionel gateman who pops out of the shack to make him into a temporary ghost was sufficient to get favorable comments from visitors. I had to mist the Kleenex to get it to hold a shape that would pass in and out the doorway. Geezer

Thanks for all of your responses! I look forward to hearing more ideas. I am actually looking for regular items that could be used as if for a Halloween-type setting. The cute ghosts and vampires on orange and white trains are not what interests me. Maybe Gothic-inspired locomotives or cars, Gothic-style houses, etc. This would be something I'd want to work on year-round as a sort of "haunted landscape," not just a house or car or two for October. Thanks again!
The mess on my workbench is getting pretty scary.