Holiday Layout or Thanks Thor and Bill

Hello all

Just put up the roundy round G-scale and Lego block layout.

4th or 5th year now. The $99 investment is looking real good, especially with bells & whistles and HO HO HO's from the hi-tech on board sound system.

Major maintenance, this year, had to clean the rails.

18X30 layout room (poses as a living room for 11 months)with a 4X8 snap track layont. all mine until Jan 2. What a deal.

The 4 year old grand son is at the console, and doing it all. 6 year old grandaughter is the architect/construction crew at this time working on a station with gifts on the dock. Barbie is the Super, checking it out from the office.

Now it is back to Thor's Trains for more ideas to make it fun for the little ones and get me back to the real deal, weathering an old Arnold PFE reefer I found in my treasure box. Life is good about now.

Was online showing them Bill's merry go round and they decided we really need the haunted house and a halloween layout. Thanks Bill. It is 6 to 1 for a halloween layout to last through New Years. Too bad; Grandma gets 7 votes.

Happy Holidays everyone.

bg

Reply to
bg

bg wrote: Hello all Just put up the roundy round G-scale and Lego block layout. 4th or 5th year now. The $99 investment is looking real good, especially with bells & whistles and HO HO HO's from the hi-tech on board sound system. Major maintenance, this year, had to clean the rails.

18X30 layout room (poses as a living room for 11 months)with a 4X8 snap track layont. all mine until Jan 2. What a deal. The 4 year old grand son is at the console, and doing it all. 6 year old grandaughter is the architect/construction crew at this time working on a station with gifts on the dock. Barbie is the Super, checking it out from the office. Now it is back to Thor's Trains for more ideas to make it fun for the little ones and get me back to the real deal, weathering an old Arnold PFE reefer I found in my treasure box. Life is good about now. Was online showing them Bill's merry go round and they decided we really need the haunted house and a halloween layout. Thanks Bill. It is 6 to 1 for a halloween layout to last through New Years. Too bad; Grandma gets 7 votes. Happy Holidays everyone. bg

-------------------------------------------------- It's always nice to hear about people relaxing and having fun, bg. I really enjoyed reading your post. I suppose if you must do a Halloween layout during this season, you could add Bobby "Boris" Picket's "Monster Mash" for the sound effects to make the scene a bit less spooky and more festive!

I certainly hope you and your family have a very enjoyable holiday!

History of N Scale:
Links to over 700 helpful sites:

Bill

Glad you're enjoying your trains! Happy holidays!

Thor

Reply to
Thor

Or update it 20 years and add "The Monster Rap". Same voice, new words/rhythm. Not hard rap. All in good fun.

Jay CNS&M North Shore Line - "First and fastest"

Reply to
JCunington