What size is your layout?

A little survey:

What size is your layout? Which scale? Which room is it in? Is it in an apartment or house?

Reply to
wizzzer

12' x 12' with middle island

Spare bedroom

House

Mike Tennent "IronPenguin"

Reply to
Mike Tennent

About 0.1 acre.

Somewhere between 1:20 and 1:32.

None.

No.

Reply to
<wkaiser

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote in news:1111581022.692055.46590 @g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

My layout is (will be) 8' x 12'. That's 2 4x8 tables in an L shape, occupying approximately 1/4 of my basement. The tables will have about 24" access clearance all the way around. There will be a painted cloth backdrop almost touching the walls, curved in the corner so there are no sharp angles

Reply to
Norman Morgan

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote in news:1111581022.692055.46590 @g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

My layout is HO and will be 8' x 12'. That's 2 4x8 tables in an L shape, occupying approximately 1/4 of my basement. The tables will have about 24" access clearance all the way around. There will be a painted cloth backdrop almost touching the walls, curved in the corner so there are no sharp angles

Reply to
Norman Morgan

My layout is about 13x20.

It is just below the ceiling on a narrow deck and goes around my basement office in the house so despite the large size there is no middle.

It is HO scale.

Reply to
newscorrespondent

6'x12' (under construction) - N - finished basement - house

-- Bill McC.

Reply to
Bill McCutcheon

Reply to
Charles Callaghan

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote in news:1111581022.692055.46590 @g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

It will be 3 modules of 120x40cm plus a 90x65cm module

N Scale 1/150 [Japanese prototype]

Living Room

House :)

Reply to
JB/NL

Reply to
Dan Merkel

3/4ths of a 25' x 50' room.

3.5mm to the foot, 1/87.1, HO, etc.

Basement

Neither. It's in the basement of a bookstore.

Paul A. Cutler III

************* Weather Or No Go New Haven *************
Reply to
Pac Man

32' x 20'

N scale

It is in a replica train station I am imagining building on the back half of the property I do not yet own.

Carolyn

Reply to
Carolyn Marenger

4' x 14'

N-scale

Garage (converted to hobby room)

House

Reply to
Ken Rice

12 x 18

HO

The layout and work shop are in a shed

The shed is just behind the house

Also have a On30 micro layout that is 2 x 3 and is located where ever it is. I think its under my sons bed at the moment or maybe in the attic. Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Favinger

In message , snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com writes

13' x 7'

O, tinplate. Marx, Lionel, Hafner, Unique, Hornby, Bing etc.

Spare room, downstairs.

House

Reply to
Graeme Eldred

16"x40" (yes, *inches*)

Missing question: what piece of furniture is it in?

A: a coffee table.

Down in the workshop, under construction.

The aforementioned workshop is in my house, ergo it follows that....

-- Kizhe

Reply to
Lt. Kizhe Catson

wizzzer wrote: A little survey: What size is your layout? Which scale? Which room is it in? Is it in an apartment or house?

11'x3' N scale spare bedroom condominium apartment

History of N Scale:
Railroad Bookstore:
to 1,000 sites:

Bill

Mine is 16'x3' and 16'x3' U shaped with a 3'x3' connector section to form the U. It is in my basement of my house. Southwestern theme, with all SF motive power in the steam to deisel era. All the trackwork, wiring and buildings are complete. Some of the buildings need detail paintwork and so on. It is a double track mainline the whole way with numerous cross-overs and passing sidings. I am just getting ready to rough shape in my mountain that will occupy the one corner of the layout with pink foam. Hopefully that project will get the juices flowing to atart working on the other scenery aspects of the layout. I have tons of pics of the layout loaded in my system if anyone would like to see how far i have progressed so far. paul d

Reply to
atsf359

Size: 9x15 walk in HO scale The Train Room, next to my home office House

(see my web site below for pix.

Ed

-- Ed Oates

wiring information is at
help eliminate spam and scams, send it to FTC gov (hee hee hee: Happy spam bot message)

Reply to
Edward A. Oates

Size: 2' X 4' Scale: N Room when in use?: Living room on the coffee table Room when NOT in use?: Main floor bathroom as "wall art" hehehe! Dwelling?: 4 storey townhouse (own it)

That is all...

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Reply to
Pete in Calgary