What size is your layout?

I can also get 28' x 8" out of those 4 pieces. This is indeed a puzzler.

Reply to
Ken Rice

32 8 8 8 8 ____________ __________ _________ ___________ [ [ [ [ [ [ 2 [ 2 [ [ 4 [ 4 [ [ 2 4x8 2 2x8

Jim Stewart

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Indeed 32 x 4, but how did the original poster get 32 x 8 ? Keith

Make friends in the hobby. Visit Garratt photos for the big steam lovers.

Reply to
Keith Norgrove

Four 8' long platforms connected together does equal 32' The person who said 28' can't add. I stated the layout was 32'x8' even though the

2 middle sections are 2' wide. That seems to be the common practice in model railroading magazines. Maybe someone could tell me another way to state this layout size.
Reply to
rgnmstr

I should have stated 32'x4' Sorry for the confusion.

Reply to
rgnmstr

Easily solved by using spaces rather than tabs.

Reply to
Steve Caple

... around absurdly tight curves?

Minimum radius? the HO equivalent of 14 inches?

Reply to
Steve Caple

042" to be exact. And your point is? We already know 3 rail is not prototypical so is your point to boost your little HO ego?
Reply to
rgnmstr

rgnmstr wrote: snip < Maybe someone could tell me another way to state this layout size.

Why not simply give the area (in this case 96 sq.ft.)? Just a thought. Jerry

Reply to
trainjer

Size is a bit tricky to discuss without considering shape, Basic configuration of my railroad is an unsymmetrical "E". The "back" is

20' by 2.5'. The bottom arm is 9' by 2.5' ; the middle arm is 9' by 6.5' ; the top arm is 9' with a variable width of 3' to 6'. The total area (in terms of floor space covered) is approximately 163 sq. ft. There are, however, levels in addition to the main level given above. The only (trivial) change in floor space covered is due to a drop-bridge connecting the middle and upper arms in an higher level. Still, the effective size (area) is doubled when these, including staging yards, are taken into account. Scale is HO. Location is in attached garage. Thank you. Jerry
Reply to
trainjer

Actually I do know how to add.

The person I respoded to said he could get 32x4 and 24x8 layouts from those pieces. The 32x4 is the 8' sides of all pieces laid end to end. The 24x8 is two

4' sides and 2 8' sides laid end to end. I said I could also get a 28x8 layout. That is one 4' side laid end-to-end with 3 8' sides.

So there.

Reply to
Ken Rice

Ummmm ...... OOOOOOOOOK.

Reply to
rgnmstr

That would be the diameter? You didn't mention you were playing with

3-rail, just O gauge.

Anyway it's all because I really secretly envy the milk can unloading car and the missile launcher.

Reply to
Steve Caple

Reply to
Bruce Favinger

042" is the dia. 3 RAIL '0' gauge is usually available in 27, 31, 36, 42, 54, 72 & 96 these days from most suppliers. A few manufacture sizes over 96"
Reply to
rgnmstr