HELP!

I have just given my son an HO train set. The Iron Horse set by Life Like Trains. This set uses a Steam Style Locomotive that does not seem to want to run very well. It starts to go then sits there and emits a whirring sound like the motors running but the transmission is not engaging. Does this make any sense to anybody that I may have a bum Loco or am I doing something wrong? I have tried all their trouble shooting and have come up zip.

Reply to
nitram578