Help re: window pane simulation on Plastruct sheet

I have some clear plastic sheets with 1/8th inch embossed squares. I want to simulate industrial windows. To do so I read once about a technique where you can rub a substance over the surface of brick sheets and the color will seat in the grooves, then you can wipe off the surface of the brick.

I want to try this with the clear plastic to simulate windows. Does anyone know what kind of paint or material I'd rub over the sheet that will remain in the recessed grooves while permitting me to rub off the excess from the surface of the panes? Thanks. Please post replies.

Reply to
perico

Any water-based paint will work -- Polly Scale, Ceramcoat, etc. Paint it on, then, just like wall tile, wipe it off at a 45-degree angle so you don't wipe it out of the vertical or horizontal grooves.

Hope that helps!

-Gerry Leone

Gerry Leone