Help with Lima train voltage, may i use it with a power supply for USA?

I didn't think so. David and Ray continually snipe at me over such things.

Reply to
Greg Procter

never heard any living person involved with electricity or wiring use that word here.<

It's typical to refer to the "main" (not mains) breaker box as the primary house one. It could be inside or outside the house depending on east or west. Many in the east are in basements while in the west they tend to be outside. There then can be secondary breaker boxes. My house has a main breaker box outside the house while it has a secondary breaker box inside a closet. Usually the main outside box simply contained the master breaker, 50 amp, 75 amp etc. However you could also add or it may contain other breakers for circuits (outside lights for example). My house in N CA has a main box outside the house with the 100 amp breaker. Also contained in that box in the breaker for the water pump (remote location) and a breaker for outside sockets (GFI). Outside sockets were used when I built the house and are non-functional now. If I had a barn then those breakers would be in the outside box. All the other circuits are in the box inside the house.

Reply to
Jon Miller

On 2/6/2008 8:57 AM Jon Miller spake thus:

But you're confusing the issue: my breaker box refers to the incoming

*line* as "mains". Nothing about "main box"; we're talking about the term for the incoming line.

But as I said, nobody here (North America) actually uses that term in conversation, nor in writing. Must be a manufacturer's /UL kind of thing.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl